PIckup rings: DiMarzio or Allparts? (not for a Les Paul)

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Looking for cheap flat bottomed cream rings for a Charvel build. I need two short rings and most retail rings are sold in sets of a short and tall which

The two real viable options I've found are DiMarzio and Allparts, being that they're about $5 each and sold in singles (so I can get two shorties). I'd rather go with the DiMarzios because they're tapered (Charvel uses tapered rings), but I'm concerned about the cream color being that pinkish barbie doll crap their pickups are. I've read that the Allparts rings are a better match for Duncan cream, and really that's what matters most. I'd just like some opinions from my MLP pals.

MSB

Reaction score
look at the PLT rings, you have to buy sets, but they're cheap and they different cream colors

61LPSG

Reaction score
I have some older DiMarzio and Allparts rings. The Allparts are a little shorter in height. Neither are Gibson pink. They're similar in color... DiMarzio has a very slight yellowish aging to it.
When you say "tapered" if you mean front to back, then they are both tapered.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I bought inexpensive rings from PLT for 2 metric guitars and the holes for the screws lined up exactly. One set is on my Greco FA-95 hollowbody and I put the other on an ESP that I worked on for someone else. They were definitely lower in height than some rings I have.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I bought inexpensive rings from PLT for 2 metric guitars and the holes for the screws lined up exactly. One set is on my Greco FA-95 hollowbody and I put the other on an ESP that I worked on for someone else. They were definitely lower in height than some rings I have.
That's encouraging to hear. I don't really want to go PLT for this project since they only sell sets, but I have a Bacchus that needs a new set of rings and was wondering if they would fit.

Dblgun

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of DiMarzio rings and they were good quality and did not have the pink hue.