Pickup blending ?

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone :wave

i was just wondering if you guys could enlighten us in the art and science of pickup blending.. :D

what are your settings (volume and tone) when you mix the sound of bridge and neck pickup? can you guys share some general principles please? :D

thanks! :applause:

:hippie:

johnreardon

Reaction score
For me, there's only two principles...............

Seriously....there is no science to this, it's just a case of setting your guitar and amp controls to the sound you like at the time.

I tend to leave my guitar tones fully on and set the amp to the acoustics of the place I'm playing in. I sometimes use a tone on Strats or Teles, but hardly ever on humbucker or P90 guitars.

Others will use the tone, and that's fine, the point I'm making is that it's personal, hence the picture.

lifele55

Reaction score
Actually with both my Epi (all stock, yeah I need moolah to change em' pups!) I'd roll back the volume knob to arnd 7 to take out some harshness and use the amp volume to compensate for that volume lost. Then if I'd need a boost, I'd roll it to 10 and it works quite well. Did this for both the bridge and neck pups.

For my custom though I dunno why but I prefer the tone knob to 7, take out that highs a little bit. I found this out by accident too, was jamming on a Marshall avt100hx half stack and suddenly fell in love with the sound I was getting. Looked down and I had my tone all the way down to 3-4 but it was sweet.

:hippie:

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
thanks for the the added knowledge guys! :thumb:

:wave: :)

Latest Threads