Pickguards

captdan61

Reaction score
I have a 2016 R9 before that I had a 2014 R9 the pickguard on this guitar seems floppy not rigid I can easily when I am playing I can hear it bouncing off the top of the guitar is that common is just a piece of ass for a pickguard? Who makes a really good solid pickguard the lovely guitar but the pickguard makes me nuts help I'm not interested in historically accurate I'm not interested in Relic I'm interested in really decent Quality Parts if they happen to be historic great but I play this thing I don't worship it

Attachments

spartacus slim

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar.

Is your pack hitting the pickguard as you play, or is it just vibrations that are making it move?

Could it be that the pickguard if moving and flexing because it’s a bit loose, and just needs to be braced tight against the pickup rings before the screw and nut that join it to the bracket are tightened to hold it there?

kakerlak

Reaction score
Turn it on its side (like you were playing it left handed), tap around on the pickguard and watch it to see what's moving, where, and then analyze what needs done to amend it. Could simply need tightening, or the bracket might need bent a little.

spartacus slim

Reaction score
Just wanted to add that If you do end up shopping around for a different pickguard, please be aware that over time Gibson changed the location of the screw hole that attaches it near the cutaway, so it’s best to check that any replacement will definitely fit your guitar as a 2016 model.

Last edited:

OmFlyer

Reaction score
Pull your pick guard and stick a small felt chair glide to the back side of it.
Works perfectly, costs next to nothing.

Sustainium

Reaction score
I have a 2016 R9 before that I had a 2014 R9 the pickguard on this guitar seems floppy not rigid I can easily when I am playing I can hear it bouncing off the top of the guitar is that common is just a piece of ass for a pickguard? Who makes a really good solid pickguard the lovely guitar but the pickguard makes me nuts help I'm not interested in historically accurate I'm not interested in Relic I'm interested in really decent Quality Parts if they happen to be historic great but I play this thing I don't worship it
Great shop for pickguards if you go that route.

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Philadelphia Luthier makes really nice historic fit pickguards in a variety of cream shades for great prices.

Latest Threads