Pickguard on Historics

Slash1983

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just wanted to know if I buy a new R8 or R9, is the pickguard already on the guitar or lays it in the case seperately? I'm interested in a 58 LP in Fad.TobaccoSunb. (yes I'm a Slash-Fan ;-) :slash:) So it's pretty cool if it's not on the guitar 'cause I won't put it on the guitar...!
René

Darkburst

Reaction score
Almost all of them have the pickguard installed.

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
An R8 will will come with it already installed. Some R9s come without the guard installed, but I've never seen a plain top R8 without a factory installed guard. You can just take it off.

stinger

Reaction score
The guard is on but you can take it off if you like. Only 2 screw holes and they really aren't that noticeable.

Slash1983

Reaction score
I will play guitar again (after 1 year break) and I think a 58 VOS is a cool Les Paul for the Style I'm playing (Aerosmith, GnR, classic-rock, 80s Rock)
Or what would you guys recommend?

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
R8 or G0 (Guitar Center special run 60 Reissue) are the best bang for your buck in the Historic lineup, depending on whether you like big ass necks (R8) or slim tapers (G0).

You might want a pickup swap considering the genres mentioned - the BB's aren't very hot, and are feedback prone (bridge in particular).

The Historics aren't any better suited for those styles of music than the Gibson USA line (w/ stock pickup configuration, probably less suitable, even) - but they are better guitars, overall - and pup changes are simple and reasonably cheap.

specflec

Reaction score
Where would the logo sticker go if the pickguard is not installed? :laugh2:

sorry. being a bit of an a** this morning...