Pickguard for a greco that actually fits?

noisemaker

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I've had this beautiful EG59-50 for about a year now and really loving it.
The problem is it came without a pickguard and I'm really wanting to put one on.

Ordered a hosco one that left a huge gap since the distance between the pickups was only about 57mm but the actual distance of the pickups on the guitar is almost 60mm.

Can anyone point me in a direction of a proper fitting pickguard?

Attachments

• 324725020_551707780205522_5185832566373573150_n.jpeg
    324725020_551707780205522_5185832566373573150_n.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 22

ThePanda

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I've had this beautiful EG59-50 for about a year now and really loving it.
The problem is it came without a pickguard and I'm really wanting to put one on.

Ordered a hosco one that left a huge gap since the distance between the pickups was only about 57mm but the actual distance of the pickups on the guitar is almost 60mm.

Can anyone point me in a direction of a proper fitting pickguard?
I would like to know if there as been any update to this as well.

I asked this a while ago as well.
The guidance was P90 LP pickguard and cut it down to size or there is a site that will make your pickguard based on your measurements.

for ref: https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/greco-pickguard-fit-issues.442366/

noisemaker

Reaction score
I would like to know if there as been any update to this as well.

I asked this a while ago as well.
The guidance was P90 LP pickguard and cut it down to size or there is a site that will make your pickguard based on your measurements.

for ref: https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/greco-pickguard-fit-issues.442366/
I'm thinking of going that way but that still leaves the question of the top screw fitting properly.
I guess it would be possible to shave top part a little to accommodate the few mm needed but not sure how that's gonna look/fit

ThePanda

Reaction score

smk506

Reaction score
I have an MIJ deluxe with mini hums that has a slightly off mounting hole and Dan at mojoaxe was able to send me a printable template for a 54/56, have me line up the hole in relation to where it typically is and then sent me a new template with the hole correctly placed.

I confirmed everything lined up and he made the pickguard and shipped it within a week or two I think.

His work isn’t cheap, but you’ll get what you want the first time you buy it and the quality is very nice.

Edit to add; that’s a killer LP, love the burst.

noisemaker

Reaction score
A beveled edge just looks wrong on a cream pickguard.
But, hey, that’s just me.
feel the same way, got a unbeveled p90 pickguard that I'm gonna try and turn into a proper fitting one.
I have an MIJ deluxe with mini hums that has a slightly off mounting hole and Dan at mojoaxe was able to send me a printable template for a 54/56, have me line up the hole in relation to where it typically is and then sent me a new template with the hole correctly placed.

I confirmed everything lined up and he made the pickguard and shipped it within a week or two I think.

His work isn’t cheap, but you’ll get what you want the first time you buy it and the quality is very nice.

Edit to add; that’s a killer LP, love the burst.
Thanks! I love the darker burst.
I might go with mojoaxe if nothing else works. I'm a pickguard on type of guy and I'm going crazy not being able to put one on this great guitar.

Latest Threads