photo of guitar in case?

Reaction score
i live in the middle east and recently got a new LP classic here at the local gibson dealer. i found this photograph among the case candy. is this from the factory or from the store?
by the way there’s no shortage of gibsons here in the ME. that store had a whole stock of them in all sorts of colors i must have played at least 10 different guitars before choosing my classic. but then again this region isn’t very music oriented, maybe that’s why.

0D2F1A0D-9F33-4ED9-BB57-4D30A622F651.jpeg

Last edited:

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what is often referred to as the "baby photo", when the guitar was born.
That picture is taken on the production line at the very end before it is packed into the case for shipping.

Babypic.jpg

Lester_Case.jpg

Reaction score
is there a purpose for including the guitars baby photo? or just because?
do epiphones also get these or just gibsons?

BKS

Reaction score
It's just that a baby picture and i guess most of time those get lost. You can frame it and stand it by your work pc telling everybody about your new baby ;) :p
I now now Thomann will also take pictures of models they use on their site and send one with the guitar. Never knew that till i got one with my nrfb.
DSC_3559_compress20.jpg
DSC_3558_compress29.jpg

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Those photos are a more recent thing, I’ve never gotten one. I think they were mainly included with regular USA guitars.

redking

Reaction score
It's something Gibson added at the USA factory as an additional QC measure in early 2019 IIRC. I'm guessing the purpose is to have some record of the guitar going out and I'm guessing the image is tied to the serial number somewhere in Gibson's sales database. I have not heard of this with Epiphone guitars. Since Epi's are built by a big contract OEM builder, it is unlikely this would ever be done as they build multiple brands under the same roof.

Reaction score
i did a search in here and found a thread full baby photos. very cool. it’s like finding the old build sheet in a vintage car.

mine will stay in the case along with all the other candy. no point taking it out and potentially losing it,

BKS

Reaction score
No idea when they started adding those pictures. I only got them with my nrfb, wich is my youngest Gibson btw. It's from 2015. People often lose them.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the image is tied to the serial number somewhere in Gibson's sales database.
It is.
My '19 was missing the picture and some of the case candy.
I contacted Gibson and they sent a reprint of the picture, along with a new case candy set.

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is a dreadful quality picture though. The machine it's sat underneath is more in focus than the instrument. I'd never be able to tie the photo to the guitar if they hadn't arrived in the same case!

AlanBiker

Reaction score
Is it just a Nashville thing? I got a picture with both my 2016 SG and LP Traditional but there wasn't one with my Memphis ES335.

Alan

Roxy13

Reaction score
Both my 2017 and 2018 SGs came with the photo. It's actually proof that my 2017 left Gibson with the wrong TRC lol.

Latest Threads