Phil Collen sucks

Fracture

Reaction score
From and including: Wednesday, July 21, 2010
To and including: Friday, August 28, 2020

Result: 3692 days
It is 3692 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.

Or 10 years, 1 month, 8 days including the end date.

Or 121 month, 8 days including the end date.

Eddie 70

Reaction score
Seems the guy or gal joined just to brag about making a couple million dollars driving a truck and that he doesn't like Phil Collen. Cool.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
how many records have you sold?

how many gold?

how many platinum?
Thousands.

Sometimes it seemed like I sold a hundred a day the week before Christmas.

I could have sold more but my boss made me sell car stereos too.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do I think he sucks? No.

Is he in my top 10 list of favorite players? No.
Bingo.
Def Leppard was not a "guitar hero" band.
They were a cool transition between the pop rock of the Bay City Rollers and the darker Eurometal of the time.
Like Styx, but even more up-beat.
They weren't Bubble Gum, but they weren't exactly Glam.
They were a band you wouldn't be ashamed to have your grandmother hear the album... unlike Uncle Ted.... I never even let my dad hear him :D
Like Budweiser. Not anyone's favorite, but nobody complains when you bring it out at the party.

They were one of my favorite bands in the early-mid 80s... didn't follow them after Pyromania. Hysteria sounded like more of the same.

jtees4

Reaction score
I'm sure Phil cares what you, or anyone here thinks. I don't generally criticize other guitar players, if I don't like their playing....i listen to something else.

Spooky88

Reaction score
I don't think anyone here cares what Phil thinks either. I believe the criticism is warranted considering the expectation of hearing a band/musician play somewhat close to the album/recording that person made. Paying to see someone Live and being disappointed several times with the lack of expertise (by Phil in this example) assumed to be there from the recordings, seems to be a valid statement or question to his ability. Sorry but karaoke guitar playing doesn't put you on par with Satch.

Les Paulverizer

Reaction score
I bet the animosity or whatever bug Les has up his ass over Phil probably has something to do with Phil doing Les' girlfriend/wife.. :laugh2:
First of all "Stinkfoot" (apt name, uh...?) my girlfriend/wife has exquisite taste, which more than matches her brain & values in life, hence she would never in a million years even contemplate doing anything like that.
Second, that's a pretty cheap post, so it evokes the proverbial "keep digging..."

Now to something more serious and worthwhile.
With all due respect, this post is about Art and how an artist, whatever the field he/she operates in and whatever the level he/she is at, can't help but let his/her personality filter through; Van Gogh's mental problems are apparent his paintings, and how comes most people think of Toni Iommi as a true gentleman or someone else as being real obnoxious without having ever met them? It's the demeanor but also their playing, which in most cases is but a window to that person's inner self.

Going back to Art, I have the vague suspicion that you Stinky are among the elite who can't help but spell it with a capital F...

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Who wants to hear the record played live note for note? I certainly don’t... it’s why people buy live albums. Otherwise you could take the studio recordings and dub crowd noise in.

And WTF does Satch have to do with Phil? It’s like comparing apples and oranges.

Keep in mind it’s Def Leppard we’re talking about here.

Good lord people.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
First of all "Stinkfoot" (apt name, uh...?) my girlfriend/wife has exquisite taste, which more than matches her brain & values in life, hence she would never in a million years even contemplate doing anything like that.
Second, that's a pretty cheap post, so it evokes the proverbial "keep digging..."

Now to something more serious and worthwhile.
With all due respect, this post is about Art and how an artist, whatever the field he/she operates in and whatever the level he/she is at, can't help but let his/her personality filter through; Van Gogh's mental problems are apparent his paintings, and how comes most people think of Toni Iommi as a true gentleman or someone else as being real obnoxious without having ever met them? It's the demeanor but also their playing, which in most cases is but a window to that person's inner self.

Going back to Art, I have the vague suspicion that you Stinky are among the elite who can't help but spell it with a capital F...
Psst.... He wrote that 10 years ago. Take a chill pill bud.

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m7dubcs9iw1r8xofao1_500.gif

Spooky88

Reaction score
Who wants to hear the record played live note for note? I certainly don’t... it’s why people buy live albums. Otherwise you could take the studio recordings and dub crowd noise in.

And WTF does Satch have to do with Phil? It’s like comparing apples and oranges.

Keep in mind it’s Def Leppard we’re talking about here.

Good lord people.
The Satch reference was to the G3 tour Phil was a part of. Def Leppard uses a click track and digital synchronization to use "recorded tracks" substitute for live instruments. That way they sound like the record

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got kinda dragged to a G3 type thing where he played. He brought a soul/blues female singer and it was the only part of the whole show that didn't make my skin crawl. I'm not saying he's the greatest, but his set had more musicality than the rest of the wankfest combined.

Edit - Petrucci had a cool opening song. Dark. That part was good, too.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Cant we all just ROCKIT YEEEAH EEDIKKIDUHLOOOO! ROCKIT,YEAH EEEEEDILEYEDELOOOOOOOOO!:dude::rofl:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Oh dont forget GITAR DRUMS! OOOOOOOOOOH OOOH-OOH-OOOOOOOOO!

Latest Threads