Phaez sub forum? Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 57 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 45.2%

• Total voters

Deftone

Reaction score
Been playing the Marshall's (2204, 2205, 2500, 4500) almost exclusively for the last year or so, but I busted out my Phaez Nail bomb (SLO/Mesa) just to see if it was still relevant and I'd have to say it's still my #1. The JCM 2204 is a force to reckoned with for sure, all of them are. But IMHO the Phaez still wins. It's crisp, articulate, takes pedals well, it does everything I want it to do, consistently. It always sounds good and it always makes all of my guitars sound good. I think there is something to be said for one off, hand built construction vs. production.

spider

Reaction score
Hey, I got a DaisyCutter and just did my first gig with it. Man, let me tell you... it's friggin' modified Marshall to Metal all the way! Great sounding little amp! I didn't know about the 18w option or I probably would have asked for it for a little more push, but I had a guy make me a 1x12 baby bluesbreaker and put a Eminence alnico in it, and it's amazing!

Very loud 14w and sustain for days! Best $350 I've spent on a amp ever!

12 years later: I'M STILL PLAYING THIS AMP LIVE!
I'm still gigging w/this amp! (well, only 4 so far in 2021 and 0 in 2020) but get this;
IT'S STILL GOT THE ORIGINAL TUBES!

I'm noticing some volume fluctuation now and guessing it's the tubes. Does anyone know if Randy still has a line on those cheap Chinese tubes?

Phaez on people!

spider

Reaction score
12 years later: I'M STILL PLAYING THIS AMP LIVE!
I'm still gigging w/this amp! (well, only 4 so far in 2021 and 0 in 2020) but get this;
IT'S STILL GOT THE ORIGINAL TUBES!

I'm noticing some volume fluctuation now and guessing it's the tubes. Does anyone know if Randy still has a line on those cheap Chinese tubes?

Phaez on people!
I messaged Randy and he responded right away. Tubedepot here I come! Cheers!

Latest Threads