Petition to ban Bling

Status
Not open for further replies.

River

Reaction score
Locking the liquor cabinet, hiding the car keys, etc. - all well-intentioned and equally futile.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
The guy will talk sensibly on a one to one in a private PM, it's just that he can't handle the public spotlight. This is now obvious to me as I had an interesting PM from him today and I'm begining to see how he works.
Let's give the guy a break as he obviously has problems which banning and isolating him wont solve.
I think Bling should lay off posting the misery threads for a start, have fun like the rest of us with general conversation and contact more people on a one to one basis who he could maybe talk to and have first hand experience of his fears and phobias.

Enough Bling threads methinks Gentlemen. It's only stirring up a hornets nest.
If Bling wants to join in on general subjects..Fine. If he posts another 'woe is me' thread, then I suggest we simply ignore it for his and our own sanity, as this thing will just go round in a vicious circle.

Some good points Phil. But honestly I think that Ryan just manipulates people here. The 'woe is me' threads will continue as long as anyone replies or listens to his complaining.

I've offered to help more than one time and he just blows it off. He simply does not want our help.. just our sympathy.

My 2c
Jeff

kip0909

Reaction score
IBTL+Motivational_poster1210642292.jpg

SneakySnakeLady

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
I wish this all had never been made public. I wish he would get banned sometimes just so he couldn't come on here and make his life (which includes mine as well) a spectacle. This is really nobodies business and it has created a lot of issues for me personally. Banning would at least mean he might have to spend time in the real world and not ignore the people in his life. It's sad that it even has to be that way.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
He hasn't broken any rules that require him to be banned.

Maybe it's time to lay off.

A kind PM from a mod might help him understand that threads like this:
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/backstage/69025-hurting-people-hurt-people.html simply hurt his reputation here.

He's not stopped drinking and he will not unless he takes time in RL to work on himself. Posting here all day is not helping a bit.

It's not a matter of breaking rules. It's a matter of helping him save his life. Yup, it's that serious.

Jeff

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Let-It-Go!

You are still feeding the fire.

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some good points Phil. But honestly I think that Ryan just manipulates people here. The 'woe is me' threads will continue as long as anyone replies or listens to his complaining.

I've offered to help more than one time and he just blows it off. He simply does not want our help.. just our sympathy.

My 2c
Jeff

I sent him 'fridge magnets. Still waiting for the posted pictures of his magnetized 'fridge though.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
I wish this all had never been made public. I wish he would get banned sometimes just so he couldn't come on here and make his life (which includes mine as well) a spectacle. This is really nobodies business and it has created a lot of issues for me personally. Banning would at least mean he might have to spend time in the real world and not ignore the people in his life. It's sad that it even has to be that way.

I understand what you're saying Becky but Ryan chooses to do this. He wants all of this attention. He's the "Master Entertainer" and he wants to be that at all costs.

He simply wants the sympathy that he used to get here when he drank and posted about it. It's about time this stooped and he faced his problems in RL not here.

This is just another crutch for him, period. How many crutches does he need in his life??

Jeff

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

So, you're actually not ok with it. I was wondering about that, sometimes.

Ah man, I tried to stay out of this.
However, all the best to you, Becky. I hope you make the right decisions and don't get pulled down. :)

SneakySnakeLady

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying Becky but Ryan chooses to do this. He wants all of this attention. He's the "Master Entertainer" and he wants to be that at all costs.

He simply wants the sympathy that he used to get here when he drank and posted about it. It's about time this stooped and he faced his problems in RL not here.

This is just another crutch for him, period. How many crutches does he need in his life??

Jeff

He may have chose to, but this involves me and I am tired of getting messages from complete strangers about this. I never wanted to be a spectacle here. I have asked a mod to please lock all these threads. This is all getting ridiculous.

If he is truly serious about getting his life together then he will leave this place alone for a while.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
He may have chose to, but this involves me and I am tired of getting messages from complete strangers about this. I never wanted to be a spectacle here. I have asked a mod to please lock all these threads. This is all getting ridiculous.

If he is truly serious about getting his life together then he will leave this place alone for a while.

I think the mods should lock his threads as well. At least until he gets some help.

Peace
Jeff

slash300

Reaction score
The guy will talk sensibly on a one to one in a private PM, it's just that he can't handle the public spotlight. This is now obvious to me as I had an interesting PM from him today and I'm begining to see how he works.
Let's give the guy a break as he obviously has problems which banning and isolating him wont solve.
I think Bling should lay off posting the misery threads for a start, have fun like the rest of us with general conversation and contact more people on a one to one basis who he could maybe talk to and have first hand experience of his fears and phobias.

Enough Bling threads methinks Gentlemen. It's only stirring up a hornets nest.
If Bling wants to join in on general subjects..Fine. If he posts another 'woe is me' thread, then I suggest we simply ignore it for his and our own sanity, as this thing will just go round in a vicious circle.

Whats wrong with bling ? I know he is an addict but after reading some of his posts I think that his problems are more than just alcohol.
Has he got phobias as well, if yes what type of phobia ? I dont think alcohol causes any phobia...I think its the phobia that forces someone to drink.
I really wanno know what exactely is wrong with him...I have seen his pictures he seems to be a nice person.

zplapplap

Reaction score
I should not return after I left this thread, but I have one more thing to say.

Being open with one's identity on the internet is a risk, for many reasons. Posting real names, photos, geographic location, home photos, and photos of friends and family is careless under most circumstances. It is especially foolish if you are using the forums to chronicle ongoing substance abuse. Were Bling's employer to see this, his ass would be canned immediately. Being a member of this forum is not in his best interest at this point. If he wants to post, he should do it anonymously.

Locking the threads isn't enough if they are still accessible to the public. A real favor to him and SSL would be deletion.

Hemply

Reaction score
I'm IN!!!

But it's a little like throwing a hot dog down a hallway...:hmm:

No where's that :banging head against wall: emoticon???

Oh well this will have to do...

gas.gif

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
Electroshock therapy ...Yes ... A good smack upside the head ... Yes ... Banned ... No ... :wow:

IBTL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads