Peter Green, RIP

jdq2rp

Reaction score
Sorry. Didn’t see already posted.
Personally he was my greatest inspiration.
Nobody did a better minor blues.
RIP.

lancpudn

Reaction score
This is real sad news to read, The Peter Green Fleetwood Mac era was the best for me. RIP Peter.

MiniB

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm devastated.

This year truly sucks.

Last edited:

parts

Reaction score
RIP
I listened to his playing since 1966 on Mayall Bluesbreakers "Hard Road"..I was amazed at the touch and feeling..
The biggest influence on a Chicago kid used to local blues players..and the "new guys" from England..

A life that was difficult..a player who was incredible

B.B. King commented, "He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats.
Yes..
Loved every note..

Bluesky

Reaction score
To be the best blues guitar player ever I guess you have to actually be one of the saddest. It showed in every note he played. Pure passion. IMO the best ever. Thank you Peter. RIP.

Caretaker

Reaction score
Words fail me.
Music will never be the same for me.

strayedstrater

Reaction score
RIP Peter.

A fascinating life. From our "normal" perspective, he had everything we've ever dreamed of. Talent and creativity that was recognized and applauded by his peers and brought him fame and fortune. And then he lost/rejected it all.

It seems to us that he had to have been happy when he was on top of the world and had to have lived in misery for the rest of his life after his "fall".

But his perspective was the exact opposite. He was tortured by demons, jumping at shadows when he was on top. Exploited by and consumed by a heartless business that saw his soul and his art as "product". Surrounded by people who wanted something from him, and would have no use for him if he didn't give them what they wanted.

He gave up the trappings of luxury for freedom. The people he encountered after that, for the rest of his life, actually cared for him. Gave him food and a place to crash -- nobody was trying to take anything from him. From all accounts he was satisfied, grateful, appreciative of the little things that too many of us take for granted.

Most people who have a holy book read it and say "that part's easy so I'll do that, but that part is hard so I'll just ignore that".

Peter did what part of the Bible says. Give up your possessions and put your life in God's hands. And found contentment in it.

If there's a Heaven, Peter is one of the few people I'm absolutely sure will be welcomed with open arms.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
RIP Peter. Thanks for all the great music.

Latest Threads