Peter Frampton Announces Farewell Tour

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're welcome MTC and thankfully that's the case! Good analogy with GM and Django, especially in the case of the latter. Pretty amazing what he was able to do.

Good luck to you and :cheers2:

Thanks again.
If DR could find a way to impress the generations I’m hoping Frampton still has some good years left to play too.

Damn, the SOB managed to inspire me! Thanks Pete!

"I'm thinking of all the times in my life that I have something devastating has happened to my career or in my family or me. I've brushed myself off, got myself up and changed directions," he said.

At first, Frampton waited to tell his children because he wanted to be "absolutely sure." When he told them, they were devastated.

"But I said, 'Look, it's not life-threatening. It's life-changing.' … They've been phenomenal, everyone. Every one of my ex-wives have been wonderful, I have to say," he said through laughs.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
I hate farewell tours, I went to the Who farewell tour in 1982, me a 55,000 others who were duped .. how many farewell Tours has Cher done ?? 4 or 5 now I believe ...

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks again.
If DR could find a way to impress the generations I’m hoping Frampton still has some good years left to play too.

Damn, the SOB managed to inspire me! Thanks Pete!

"I'm thinking of all the times in my life that I have something devastating has happened to my career or in my family or me. I've brushed myself off, got myself up and changed directions," he said.

At first, Frampton waited to tell his children because he wanted to be "absolutely sure." When he told them, they were devastated.

"But I said, 'Look, it's not life-threatening. It's life-changing.' … They've been phenomenal, everyone. Every one of my ex-wives have been wonderful, I have to say," he said through laughs.

Don't know how you/he handle it? I'd be a wreck to type the least. I give you a lot of credit.

Stay positive!

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate farewell tours, I went to the Who farewell tour in 1982, me a 55,000 others who were duped .. how many farewell Tours has Cher done ?? 4 or 5 now I believe ...

That's too bad. In what way?

If it had to do with the music, I can assure you that Frampton will put on a phenomenal show.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have to say is that he’s done the older rock star guitar slinger really well. Never looked embarrassing and always looked like Frampton even without the hair.

Years back when Facebook was getting hot Peter joined and I got to “talk” with him a few times and he was really cool. I was in heaven. But then the usual dick trolls showed up that eventually put on end to that.

He also got me into Wes Montgomery, and learning all those other notes in the scales.

Same for me MTC and you could add Kenny Burrell and Django as well.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Glad I got to see/meet him a couple of times, back in '99. Really great guy, and player. He, along with my uncle, was the reason I started playing guitar.

I remember being 5, listening to DYFLWD?, and trying to figure out how he made his guitar "talk". Wasn't until about 20 years later, that I got my first talk-box, and even then, knowing how it was done, it still blew my mind.

Sadly, not having the financial means to make it to his last show in the "D", all I can say is, thanks for the inspirarion, the memories, and music, Peter!

fleahead

Reaction score
His phrasing was like no other and that's really what drew me to him in the first place (of course, his tone wasn't too shabby either). Exquisite!

HPPRTF is still my favorite live album of all-time. The only one that may be better and I'm still debating with myself, is "Humble Pie Rockin' The Fillmore The Complete Recordings".

I saw him not long after Frampton's Camel had disbanded. He was a warm-up act then. I've seen him a bunch of times since and have been lucky enough, along with my wife, to meet him a few times.

Hopefully, he'll still be able to make music, even if he can't tour.

Back in the '80s when he was getting ready to tour in support of his "comeback" album, I was given the opportunity to tour as his tech. $1000 per week plus per diem; Japan, Australia, Europe. Handed to me by a tech who at the last minute had to be Tour Manager for Peter Gabriel (PF and he were with same mgt). Like an idiot I declined (having an apartment and a pet I couldn't get away from). Now I look back with a bit of regret that I couldn't have particpated in his fantastic career.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I got to see/meet him a couple of times, back in '99. Really great guy, and player. He, along with my uncle, was the reason I started playing guitar.

I remember being 5, listening to DYFLWD?, and trying to figure out how he made his guitar "talk". Wasn't until about 20 years later, that I got my first talk-box, and even then, knowing how it was done, it still blew my mind.

Sadly, not having the financial means to make it to his last show in the "D", all I can say is, thanks for the inspirarion, the memories, and music, Peter!

Never say never rockstar. Hopefully things will change by then.

I still have my Heil Sound, which I bought shortly after FCA came out. Haven't used it in 30 years, but I still have it!

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the '80s when he was getting ready to tour in support of his "comeback" album, I was given the opportunity to tour as his tech. $1000 per week plus per diem; Japan, Australia, Europe. Handed to me by a tech who at the last minute had to be Tour Manager for Peter Gabriel (PF and he were with same mgt). Like an idiot I declined (having an apartment and a pet I couldn't get away from). Now I look back with a bit of regret that I couldn't have particpated in his fantastic career.

What a shame flea, but I'm one that believes that things happen for a reason. Little consolation I know, but...

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
izdQxzZ.jpg

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funnily enough, I was supposed to go to the 'Live in Detroit' concert, but I was sick.

Under the circumstances, I wasn't sure if I should hit the "Like" button, but I did anyway. :laugh2:?

That's too bad. That was a pretty good show! Love the DVD/CD!

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
That's crappy!
I just recently re-discovered "Comes Alive" again.
There's some really good material just on that old album.
And that's what, 40 or 50 years old now?
He always seemed to be someone from the nicer side of the business.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's crappy!
I just recently re-discovered "Comes Alive" again.
There's some really good material just on that old album.
And that's what, 40 or 50 years old now?
He always seemed to be someone from the nicer side of the business.

Check-out some of his more recent albums if you get the chance. He put out some really great stuff. Of course, I’m biased so...

Latest Threads