Pete Thorn is testing an AX8...

Caoimhin

Reaction score
I know he does live shows on YT every Sunday. I'm guessing he may do something with it then.

mdubya

Reaction score
It usually takes him a minute to produce the fully realized video. I will post the vid (or someone else can if I am slow!) as soon as I see it is out.

ttbit

Reaction score
He hinted that he thought doing a tutorial video of recording with it might be cool. He said he likes it (it has knobs) and has only had a little time to mess with it so far. Sounds like he is doing a lot of recording and is very busy.

mdubya

Reaction score
I listened to a lot of the Sunday live broadcast last night.

I found it interesting that Pete has a Helix and a Kemper that he uses for his home recordings. It sounds like he doesn't have a "real" amp at home. He has toured with an AXE FX a few times, though he still loves amps. He thinks the AX8 is more simple than the AXE FXII and that appeals to him.

Tobin1634

Reaction score
I listened to a lot of the Sunday live broadcast last night.

I found it interesting that Pete has a Helix and a Kemper that he uses for his home recordings. It sounds like he doesn't have a "real" amp at home. He has toured with an AXE FX a few times, though he still loves amps. He thinks the AX8 is more simple than the AXE FXII and that appeals to him.
So where he is filming all of his videos will all of those classic amps??

mdubya

Reaction score
shit really???? Like this video is filmed there:
Yep.

They have a live Friday night channel. I was watching one night and they were all on separate cameras and talking with John Suhr. All of a sudden Dave Friedman gets up and walks off camera and walks into Pete's studio. :lol:

It is kind of weird since Pete is a Suhr guy, but they seem like they are all friends.

Tobin1634

Reaction score
Whoa that's crazy! That makes sense though because I watched his "how to dial in amps" video and he had a plexi-style marshall turned up to 7-8 with a cab mic'd in another room and I was thinking maybe he has no neighbors!?? That would be screamin' loud!

ttbit

Reaction score
Whoa that's crazy! That makes sense though because I watched his "how to dial in amps" video and he had a plexi-style marshall turned up to 7-8 with a cab mic'd in another room and I was thinking maybe he has no neighbors!?? That would be screamin' loud!
I saw that and started messing with my Plexi preset on the AX8 to simulate it. :)

Latest Threads