Personalized Truss Rod Cover

ktj

Reaction score
I was looking to get the Truss Rod Cover of my 2011 Traditional Faded personalized.
Does Gibson do this? The reason I ask is that I want it in the Gibson script as well. Would the cost be ridiculous?

I have searched and came across the following but they don't satisfy my requirements.
I have seen both this post:
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/10058-personalize-truss-rod-cover.html

and apparently a company on ebay does so as well - though don't see the script:
Custom Engraved Truss Rod Cover Fits Gibson Les Paul | eBay

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

miwolverine754

Reaction score
honestly i've never seen gibson make personalized ones, but then again i don't think it'd be something many people would ask them considering the ebay companies would probably be cheaper. it might be worth a try.

That being said, I know you want the gibson script but the ebay company really does well with theirs. I used to have one of them that I put on on of my studios and it looked great. unfortunately when I sold that guitar the new owner asked for the TRC as well. Something about keeping the guitars mojo by having the guitars name. at any rate, if gibson doesn't do it for you, the ebay company works great!

YoshiJimbo

Reaction score
My Traditional Pro currently has nothing on it. I don't know yet what I would like it to say. Perhaps I'll just leave it blank.
Screen_shot_2012-10-31_at_1_08_40_PM.png

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I got mine personalized. After some time, I felt its really tacky.

Mesamay2003

Reaction score
I've had some in the past, but always felt sort of weird about it...now I prefer plain ones.

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
I'd like Malikon's Lexiclown on mine.
I'm not worried about script.
I like pictures.

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
I had my name put on one from Philly luthier and had it on for a while but I went with a plain old historic one.

HiLifeRocker

Reaction score
OP, check my thread under Custom Shop ... although the font I preferred was not liked by some confusing an O for an "a" ... it doesn't matter. I like it & it suits the guitar very well. This guy @ EtchedAudio can do any script! And he has MANY materials available too. I do not have any relation to him or get a kickback, I'm just a happy customer. Check it out!

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/custom-shop/223690-custom-truss-rod-cover.html

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3985.png

BlackSG91

Banned
Reaction score
My Traditional Pro currently has nothing on it. I don't know yet what I would like it to say. Perhaps I'll just leave it blank.
Screen_shot_2012-10-31_at_1_08_40_PM.png

===============================
That truss rod cover is so black, it could not be any blacker.:cool:

Slappy2x

Reaction score
honestly i've never seen gibson make personalized ones, but then again i don't think it'd be something many people would ask them considering the ebay companies would probably be cheaper. it might be worth a try.

That being said, I know you want the gibson script but the ebay company really does well with theirs. I used to have one of them that I put on on of my studios and it looked great. unfortunately when I sold that guitar the new owner asked for the TRC as well. Something about keeping the guitars mojo by having the guitars name. at any rate, if gibson doesn't do it for you, the ebay company works great!

I agree. I've used philaluthiertools a few times and have been very satisfied with their work. Here's a few examples:

AMT+small.jpg

SN+small.jpg

There are 7 different font types to choose from. I went with font F on the 2 guitars shown above.

Good luck with your purchase!

ktj

Reaction score
Wow! Cool. I do appreciate the suggestions everyone.
Slappy - looking to do something like yours. Named my LP after my wife (her nickname) and plan to give it to my daughter way way way down the line - cuz she was a bit of a surprise too...born 9 months less three days after our wedding date (I had posted on the Trad Faded thread, I bought cheap wedding rings and got this Les Paul instead).

I will take a look at the various sites.
Cheers.

HiLifeRocker - that does look really cool on that Custom headstock.

Latest Threads