People are Trying to Kill me

dissaffected

Reaction score
Thread title should read

I'm-Trying-To-Kill-Me

If some ass hits me while being an aggressive jerk...it is now my fault because I should have known that minding my business and following all the rules and obeying the law would put me in contact with some ahole jerk. . Wow...you have just rewritten the history of common law and judicial precedent.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I was 18 some fuck nut came flying off the bike trail and hit the back of my car (so I was told by the motorist behind me at the next stop light). When I turned around and went back to the "scene" 30 seconds later no one was there.

About an hour later I decided I didn't want to take any chances so went to the police station and reported it. Well so did the bicyclist who was in the lobby with a wound that I would equate to dry skin.

I was then arrested and charged with felony hit and run. It was a great time. I of course eventually won the case and all charges were dropped. I got no time at all for bikes on streets. And I'm not sorry about that feeling. That retarded situation took all the fucks I could give out of me.

dissaffected

Reaction score
I was then arrested and charged with felony hit and run. It was a great time. I of course eventually won the case and all charges were dropped. I got no time at all for bikes on streets. And I'm not sorry about that feeling. That retarded situation took all the fucks I could give out of me.
Blame the jerk.....the bike had nothing to do with it. jerk driver? I do not blame the car. Jerk cyclist..I do not blame the bike.

pnuggett

Reaction score
View attachment 392681

If some ass hits me while being an aggressive jerk...it is now my fault because I should have known that minding my business and following all the rules and obeying the law would put me in contact with some ahole jerk. . Wow...you have just rewritten the history of common law and judicial precedent.
Talk about missing the point. There are all kinds of aggressive, impaired, and distracted drivers on the road. Do you think that they don't cause damage, injury and death to so called "caged " drivers too. I'm not the person you need to be worried about. I drive defensively always wondering what some asshole around me is going to do to cause an accident. I've had two minor accidents in my many years and many many miles of driving. Both were at stoplights and I was rear ended by asshats both times.

If you want to take your chances sharing the road on a bicycle with "caged" drivers in "murder weapons" go ahead.

rxbandit

Reaction score
When I was 18 some fuck nut came flying off the bike trail and hit the back of my car (so I was told by the motorist behind me at the next stop light). When I turned around and went back to the "scene" 30 seconds later no one was there.

About an hour later I decided I didn't want to take any chances so went to the police station and reported it. Well so did the bicyclist who was in the lobby with a wound that I would equate to dry skin.

This may be a few decades late... but I found the hidden camera footage from your incident

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blame the jerk.....the bike had nothing to do with it. jerk driver? I do not blame the car. Jerk cyclist..I do not blame the bike.
I blame both. And I still have 0 time for bikes on roads. Roads are for cars. Of course I don't "hate" bicyclists, but I don't like the action.

MSB

Reaction score
^ tractors aren't cars either, but still can be done legally on roads.

cjpeck

Reaction score
this is a political post.

Now I'm gonna report it.

this is a stooopid argument.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a road biker. I bike 4-5 times a week. In the last month 2 gents I occasionally ride with have been hit by cars. One was hit after a car passed then made an immediate right onto a road. My friend could not stop in time and slammed into the car. Thankfully a broken wrist was the extent of his damage other than his bike being effed.
The other rider was signalling with his arm that he was turning left into a parking lot where his car was parked. He had pulled into the middle of his lane and had his left arm out with the turn signal.As he began to turn a van blasted by him as he was making his turn. We yelled at him as we saw what was about to happen. He was able to turn a bit back into his lane but still got clipped- Concussion, Shoulder damage, Rotator tears, broken leg were the result.

We know many hate us. We try to ride in places of low traffic. We try to stay out of the way. This aggressive behavior happens so often that many riders are attaching gopros to their bikes to record encounters to give to the police. Amazingly yesterday a car started beeping at me when it approached. Started beeping when it was 100 yrds behind me. Came within 2 ft of me( very close, the law here says give us 4 ft or leeway and even that feels close) when passing on a completely empty road where I was as far over as safe.. I do not get it.

Ya I know...we cannot always ride as far to the right as possible. We are on narrow tires that puncture easily. Rough pavement, gravel or debris sometimes keeps us away from the edge. It happens. Sorry. I have folks yell at us about how gay we look in our shorts and jerseys. Not my favorite either. But if you want us to go even slower we will be happy to wear loose flappy clothes.

Please Share the road. Generally we are not trying to be aholes.
2 things. First, yes, I can't stand bikers, but how anybody can be stupid enough to ride on the public roads today is beyond me. Distracted driving, texting, the younger generation being, in general, awful drivers....it's ALMOST made me stop motorcycling, and I can out accelerate and outbreak 90+% of cars on the road. Biker fools......can't do 1/2 the speed limit, do nothing but get in the way and piss people off. If a distracted driver doesn't get you, a pissed off one will. But hey, have at it. LOL.

Preach all you want about the rights bikers should have, that doesn't matter when you are road pizza. Shake that fist from the grave. All of this sounds harsh, but it's realistic. There are 100's of miles of metro parks by where I live. Places where cars don't have to be contended with. Paved trails, off road trails, whatever spins your wheels. I go there, because, I'm not stupid. And yes, those spandex look gay as hell, regardless of the .00005 MPH they help you gain, which still doesn't get you to within 20 mph of the speed limit, on the light side.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
^ tractors aren't cars either, but still can be done legally on roads.
Yeah, and in a car vs. tractor scenario, who wins?

Plus, I would venture to say that the number of cyclists on the road interfering with cars vs tractors would be, oh, somewhere around 100,000 to 1. Depending on the area you live in, of course.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Such a shame that the law disagrees with you.
X, surprised to see you take the stance of "the law". You know all too well what can happen by some douchebag not paying attention. Who cares what the law says......many times, common sense is a much better guide to self preservation.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, in Andy's case, the result is the same, regardless of what you want to label the "jerk".

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
X, surprised to see you take the stance of "the law". You know all too well what can happen by some douchebag not paying attention. Who cares what the law says......many times, common sense is a much better guide to self preservation.
I will never ride a bicycle on the street again, but the law says that people CAN if they choose to.