People are Trying to Kill me

Rando375

Premium Member
Reaction score

Roxy13

Reaction score
Good thing some of you aren't rural. Pretty much everything has to use the road out here. Cyclists, walkers/joggers, farm machinery, equestrians. You will also see plenty of things that technically aren't supposed to be on the road but are like dirt bikes, ATVs and snowmobiles.

Of course the same people complaining about sharing the road with these things would probably be furious if they were going through your property instead of using the road :laugh2:

dissaffected

Reaction score
For all those offended by lycra, I invite you to ride for 50 miles on a narrow road bike seat that has a cut out to put your taint. You will quickly learn to love padded lycra shorts. The rash and even worse stuff that happens from the rubbing can be ...welll.....ya know....nasty.

pnuggett

Reaction score
For all those offended by lycra, I invite you to ride for 50 miles on a narrow road bike seat that has a cut out to put your taint. You will quickly learn to love padded lycra shorts. The rash and even worse stuff that happens from the rubbing can be ...welll.....ya know....nasty.
Thanks for the invite but I'm going to take a pass on that.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I am a road biker. I bike 4-5 times a week. In the last month 2 gents I occasionally ride with have been hit by cars. One was hit after a car passed then made an immediate right onto a road. My friend could not stop in time and slammed into the car. Thankfully a broken wrist was the extent of his damage other than his bike being effed.
The other rider was signalling with his arm that he was turning left into a parking lot where his car was parked. He had pulled into the middle of his lane and had his left arm out with the turn signal.As he began to turn a van blasted by him as he was making his turn. We yelled at him as we saw what was about to happen. He was able to turn a bit back into his lane but still got clipped- Concussion, Shoulder damage, Rotator tears, broken leg were the result.

We know many hate us. We try to ride in places of low traffic. We try to stay out of the way. This aggressive behavior happens so often that many riders are attaching gopros to their bikes to record encounters to give to the police. Amazingly yesterday a car started beeping at me when it approached. Started beeping when it was 100 yrds behind me. Came within 2 ft of me( very close, the law here says give us 4 ft or leeway and even that feels close) when passing on a completely empty road where I was as far over as safe.. I do not get it.

Ya I know...we cannot always ride as far to the right as possible. We are on narrow tires that puncture easily. Rough pavement, gravel or debris sometimes keeps us away from the edge. It happens. Sorry. I have folks yell at us about how gay we look in our shorts and jerseys. Not my favorite either. But if you want us to go even slower we will be happy to wear loose flappy clothes.

Please Share the road. Generally we are not trying to be aholes.
I was an avid road cyclist from '86 - '90. My only minor spills were self inflicted stupidity. I did well with suburban traffic. I even rode into Philadelphia a few times. Cannot recall one instance of drivers being spiteful or overly impatient.

Now? People suck no matter what vehicle you are using.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I love those fucking "tour-de-road" assholes, all dolled up in their Lance Armstrong riding apparel, sitting atop their mega-$$$ carbon fiber bikes... riding on two-lane roads during rush hour traffic, touting their "right to the road".

Idots. They deserve anything that happens to them. I have ZERO sympathy.

Oh, and yes... I am a cyclist, too. Just not a stupid one. I ride where I won't get run off the road. How fucking hard is that to process???

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll meet you there. I'll be in the white Cadillac.