People are Trying to Kill me

PeteK

Reaction score
People that road rage over cyclists tend to be whiny little bitches. I mean really, they act like you fucked up their entire day because they had to veer slightly to the left as they passed you. Dear God how will they survive?

A few years ago I was riding on a back country road. Rolling hills, no traffic, great road for riding. Except when I passed one of the few houses on this road the dumb bitch that was in her driveway sicked her dog on me. It looked like the Rottweiler from Ferris Bueller. I mean it wasn't like the dog just barked. I heard her saying "go get em boy!".

I've also been ran off the road, nearly ran over several times. Honked at. Had beer cans thrown at me. Eventually I just said screw it and switched to mountain biking. I'll probably get eaten by a pickup winding mountain lion.

pnuggett

Reaction score
Enough with the arrogant "cage drivers" BS. Shows your disdain and arrogance.

And stay in your bike lane biker.

• Haha
Reactions: Who

pnuggett

Reaction score
Except for interstates and restricted roads with signage, bikes have the same lane rights, look it up.
We have hundreds of miles of designated bike lanes that we have spent huge taxpayer money on. Still some of these asshats have to ride double or triple onto the road.Stupid and dangerous.

My problem isn't with all bikers it's with the arrogant asshats that don't use bike lanes or follow traffic rules like "cage drivers" are expected to.

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We have hundreds of miles of designated bike lanes that we have spent huge taxpayer money on. Still some of these asshats have to ride double or triple onto the road.Stupid and dangerous.

My problem isn't with all bikers it's with the arrogant asshats that don't use bike lanes or follow traffic rules like "cage drivers" are expected to.
Sorry to be such a terrible inconvenience to you.

cjpeck

Reaction score
Wow, every single one? Do you know them all personally? Have you spoken to each and every one?

Makes me wonder who the asshat really is.
try reading the post for content. He was referring to a percentage to the cyclists that act like jackwagons as "cycling enthusiasts". Just as you are referring to car drivers you don't approve of as "cagers"

So you are willfully remaining ignorant. Wow.

And I've seen many, many more cage drivers with an even worse attitude. But enjoy your perceived righteous indignation, you've earned it!
look in the mirror, sir.

Nah, I'm tapping out. The discussion is futile. Cage drivers who think cyclists all come from Satan's bunghole will never admit that maybe they could be wrong.
Not all cyclists come from satan's ass. But the ones that split lanes to get to the front at a stop sign then turn left in front of traffic do.
As well as the ones that run red lights.
As well as the ones who skip from street to sidewalk every block. "hey, I'm a road vehicle. Now I'm pedestrian. Now I'm a vehicle. Now I'm a pedestrian."
As well as the 'club' riding three abreast down an arterial two lane road in rush hour chatting away.

You get the point yet?
This kind of shit behaviour on the part of a percentage of cyclist's doesn't excuse equally shit behaviour on the part of car drivers.

Equally true is the fact that shit behaviour on the part of a percentage of car drivers doesn't excuse equally shit behaviour on the part of cyclists.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'ma gonna post a big picture of a particular American politician and get this thread locked up like it belongs.

If I didn't think I'd get sent to band camp for it.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
What exactly about the groups causes a problem ?
Riding two and three abreast (THIS MOSTLY)

When there's more then 2 or 3 at a STOP sign,
they ALL think they can go at the same time.
IF THEY EVEN STOP

Selectively observing when they use an intersection or cross walk to get across the street.

I see by your posts to others that you can rage an insult with the best of them.
I wish I had the time to today to sit and push your buttons.
I can be an asshat that way.

Lungo

Reaction score
My wife hit a deer on her bike while commuting to work a few years ago. Deer are the real problem here! They want to kill us all!

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am 63 years old.

I've been riding bikes since I was 10 (got a late start) and driving since I was 13 (got an early start). Also have some limited motorcycling experience.

With 50+ years experience including thousands of miles of cycling and hundreds of thousands of miles of driving, I have never once been majorly inconvenienced by a cyclist, much less threatened.

However, while cycling, I've received the following from drivers:
  1. Told to ride on the sidewalk (illegal)
  2. Honked at (countless times)
  3. Threatened with bodily harm
  4. Doored and knocked down
  5. Had stuff thrown at me
  6. Been physically bumped by cars in motion (and one motorhome)
  7. Run off the road (one time)
You guys who think cyclists are a menace just don't know what you're talking about, US drivers are not only inconsiderate and ignorant of the law, they are murderous in their intent and kill about 800 people and injure about 50,000 cyclists per year including men, women, and children: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclist_fatality_rate_in_U.S._by_year

So go ahead, make your dumbass remarks about "staying in your lane" etc., people are being killed by folks with your same indifference to the rights of their fellow men. People like you suck.

Last edited:

lancpudn

Reaction score
Cycling in towns & cities over here are taking away more & more tarmac away from the car. Greater Manchester near me are spending 500million GBP in dedicated cycle ways, Buses & cycle lanes already take precedent over cars at traffic lights.

Then there is the "Tweed run" in London, how stylish is this :dude: I would love to see it here up northern England. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3590720/amp/How-wonderfully-British-Hundreds-cyclists-swap-Lycra-tweed-descend-central-London-mass-ride-celebrating-English-style.html

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Sorry to be such a terrible inconvenience to you.

You see.
This here upsets me as well.

Also people that think it's okay to park their truck and utility trailer in this lane.

My city is trying to go all GREEN and is putting in more bike lanes all around the city.
The problem being, they think they can paint a line and paint a bike and call it a bike lane.

They invite cyclists into a dangerous situation if you ask me.
Then, as the road turns to the right, the lane disappears for half a block
And then magically reappears.

How does that promote a safe environment.

Us cage drivers ( lol ) are supposed to give 1meter to the cyclist.
They should take that into account when they designate and mark a bike lane.
The existence of the painted bicycle does not imply a safe path.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I bought a road bike a few years back but it’s too f’n scary to ride in Toronto. I almost never use it unless I drive it to a path, but then the path is full of oblivious walkers. I can’t win.

cjpeck

Reaction score
hold on. Did that cyclist just run into a parked car while texting on his phone????????

He got what he asked for.

FWIW, while parking in a bike land is a total dick move, that wasn't a bike lane.

dumbass.

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thought we were 'sposed to have flying cars by now and be talking about being taken out by bird strikes.