Pensacola Shooter

Ghostman

Reaction score
Your "fork in the theory" analogy is inapt-- just as in the case of the 2009 shooting at Ft. Hood by Nidal Hassan, the "good guy with a gun" response you seek to invalidate was impossible because the military's regulations are that only a limited number of security personnel are allowed to carry firearms on a military reservation.

But that's only if you want to think of the "good guys" as private citizens. Beyond that, "good guys" in the form of Escambia County deputies did actually end the shooter's violent episode.

On the other hand, the USDOJ published a study that proved that armed US citizens do lawfully defend themselves with firearms hundreds of times per year.

Firearms Violence 1993 - 2011

To act as though this isn't true because each and every act of unlawful violence to take place is not met by an armed response by a legitimate citizen is not a valid postulation. Simply because something doesn't happen in every single occasion doesn't mean that it never happens, as you seem to be suggesting.

Meanwhile:

Escambia County has a mutual assistance pact in place with the US Navy.

"A spokesman for NAS Pensacola said that the Navy and local law enforcement have a partnership in place to do joint active shooter response drills and to assist each other during major incidents."

How Did ECSO Become Involved in a NAS Shooting?

But ESCO is not investigating this incident beyond its own internal review process. That responsibility has been assumed by the NIS and the FBI.

--R
Thank you. Good response!

45WinMag

Reaction score
Almost. But, no.

It's the industries that support all the BS going on over there. Start with Halliburton and keep looking. Then, connect them with the pols in this country who have financial interests in those industries. Machinery, Financial, Shipping, Transportation... start turning over rocks and see what you find.

Chaney was a master; but he really only built on the work of the Vietnam era pols, who made fortunes prolonging the conflicts in SE Asia.

War is the single biggest moneymaking business on the planet and the top one-percent have learned how to manipulate the game to their advantage. None of them want peace. The markets would crash & burn. Fortunes would be lost.

Oil? Oil is a rounding error.
At a certain point, you realize you aren't fighting to win, you're fighting to stay. The blunders eventually become so numerous and so stupid, the only rational conclusion is that they were intentional. Bypass all the ammunition depots during the initial Iraqi invasion? Great idea! Stand the entire Iraqi army down and start over? Brilliant! Pursue de-Baathification to the point that there is no competent governance left and the majority population is completly marginalized? Pure genius! Completely surround Muqtada al-Sadr and let him go? Twice? Why didn't I think of that?

I agree that oil wasn't even a consideration. If we were there to steal the oil, we're the worst theives in history. The oil that was supposed to "pay for the invasion" went to China in favorable deals with the Iraqi government. These wars were about logistics contracts.

Last edited:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Ghostman

Reaction score
I hope they can take him alive and pump him for information

• Who is in charge - gives the orders
  • Who finances all this
  • What are their next plans.
  • NAMES.
that's very presumptuous that "they" are all working under higher orders from some organization, without any information even hinting at that.

I think these 'missing' Saudi's are terrified. Imagine being in a foreign country where your native county doesn't have the highest reputation, and one of your 'countrymen' does something horribly stupid. Emotions are high and I'd be scared for my life too.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
that's very presumptuous that "they" are all working under higher orders from some organization, without any information even hinting at that.

I think these 'missing' Saudi's are terrified. Imagine being in a foreign country where your native county doesn't have the highest reputation, and one of your 'countrymen' does something horribly stupid. Emotions are high and I'd be scared for my life too.
I hope they are shitting themselves with fear. And I hope their very WORST fears come true. You DON'T want to peek inside my head.

As for someone "back home" directing and financing,

this shit happens too much, and has happened for far too long, Saudi has a documented history of exporting terror and fanaticism,

and I do NOT buy that weak tired lie of "just one lone wolf lunatic" anymore.

Ghostman

Reaction score
I hope they are shitting themselves with fear. And I hope their very WORST fears come true. You DON'T want to peek inside my head.

As for someone "back home" directing and financing,

this shit happens too much, and has happened for far too long, Saudi has a documented history of exporting terror and fanaticism,

and I do NOT buy that weak tired lie of "just one lone wolf lunatic" anymore.
so, a group of bad apples are enough to condemn the entire orchard? I agree that there is an increased risk but the idea that an entire population are to blame, history has shown is extremely dangerous.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Far as I'm concerned to hell with the ruling Saud princes and king and all their Saud goons. To hell with their Wahhabist extremists and fanatics. To hell with their assassins and terrorists.

If that brush is too broad for some people, I don't care.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score

Awwwww poor terrorists....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I figure if you kick a bunch of bad apples asses with extreme prej, the rest of the damn orchard just might skraten the fark up....

TheX

just some do0d
Premium Member
Reaction score
so, a group of bad apples are enough to condemn the entire orchard? I agree that there is an increased risk but the idea that an entire population are to blame, history has shown is extremely dangerous.
I'm surprised you aren't blaming the "gun nuts".

• Haha
Reactions: ehb

TheX

just some do0d
Premium Member
Reaction score
What he said is just common sense. Did we condemn all Germans because of Bergen-Belsen?
My comment was in reference to a different thread, and aimed at someone else.

Latest Threads