Pending NAD, Marshall 2266c

Lungo

Reaction score
One of my guitar gear regrets is selling my purple Marshall Vintage modern half-stack. I’m correcting that mistake by getting the combo version. Made an eBay purchase yesterday and picking it up tonight. Got it for a great price IMO.

One thing I forgot about these amps is the tendency to blow out indicator lamp LED light. Only “issue” with the amp is the light and I have a replacement ordered already. I read about a modification that fixes this issue but it gets confusing when I see things like “replace r2d2 with c3po.” Anyone done a mod on one of these amps that can share a picture and maybe give some details?

Lungo

Reaction score
It's the VM combo, correct? Purple? I hear the VM's are awesome.
It is the combo version. Pics look like black tolex. I didn’t ask, honestly don’t care. There’s a purple one available in Port Townsend which is probably 4 hr drive but it’s $50 more and has cat claw damage to grill cloth.

Deftone

Reaction score
It is the combo version. Pics look like black tolex. I didn’t ask, honestly don’t care. There’s a purple one available in Port Townsend which is probably 4 hr drive but it’s $50 more and has cat claw damage to grill cloth.
I'd opt for black anyway. Marshall's just look better black, IMHO.

Lungo

Reaction score
The seller had it packed up to ship and I told him not to unbox it. I wanted the color to be a surprise. Pulled it out and........purple. I’m ok with it. Actually I’m more than ok with it. It’s like new condition and sounds great.

185E93F7-C247-419D-8A41-7246B4B15BDC.jpeg

Deftone

Reaction score
The seller had it packed up to ship and I told him not to unbox it. I wanted the color to be a surprise. Pulled it out and........purple. I’m ok with it. Actually I’m more than ok with it. It’s like new condition and sounds great.

View attachment 530244
Two great amps right there. congratulations!

Lungo

Reaction score
It’s been a rough day working from home right down the hall from where my purple amp is sitting. All I can think is should I re-tube it? What would an OD sound like in front of it? What would it sound like wide open on 10? Is it thinking about me as much as I think about it?

Lungo

Reaction score
And.....:foot switch broke. The switch for HDR / LDR stopped working. I ordered a pair of new switches and I’ll replace both of them while I got the thing apart.

This got me thinking. Too bad they didn’t make the mid boost switchable on the foot switch.

Last edited:

Latest Threads