Pelham Blue Studio Trim Color: Black or Cream?

Cream or Black Plastic on Pelham Blue

• Black

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Cream

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters

Vortex

Reaction score
I went to black knobs on my Epi JoeB.

50999709564_f8f4756a79.jpg

302mark

Reaction score
Okay all, just looking for your opinion(s): I just scored this 'new old stock' 2016 Studio from Gibson's Repair & Restoration. It had minor finish flaws, and has been mod'd with black plastic, a 490T in the bridge to go along with the neck 490R, as well as push/pull pots for coil splitting (tapping?). I've added a photo of one with cream plastic as a comparison. What do you all think? My first thought was "I've got to replace the black with cream ASAP", but now having looked at it and others, the black is kind of growing on me.
View attachment 527853
The black looks good to me

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
All y'all look at that Tribute I posted earlier and tell me it looks better with the black plastics and nut. With the black plastics it looks even cheaper than the fire sale price I paid for it, to me.

I have black plastics on a burgundy SG and black ES-235 and they look good.

But the OP is adjusting the look for himself, and I'm all for it :)

Stealthracer

Reaction score
I nearly voted black as I'm about to put black plastics on my Blueburst Epi LP. Then I thought about the cream binding (well you can't change that can you?) so you've got me all confused now.

Wise Guy

Reaction score
I nearly voted black as I'm about to put black plastics on my Blueburst Epi LP. Then I thought about the cream binding (well you can't change that can you?) so you've got me all confused now.
I dont believe the guitar has binding.

Eagle 56

Reaction score
Without cream body binding to throw it off, black plastics work best on Pelham Blue.
This is what I'm thinking. I think if it had the cream body binding then the choice would be cream hands-down. Without it however, I don't know that cream looks as good as black. It's almost too 'bland', lacking character. My wife thinks with black it looks like one of those powder blue wedding tuxedos with black trim, so I'm thinking.. "Tennessee (Nashville)".. "Tuxedo".. I think we may have a name for it!

voided76

Reaction score
Black works good on greens and blues both. I voted cream tho

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210318-121343_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210318-121343_Gallery.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 17

moreles

Reaction score
Both plastics colors work equally well with the blue. A non-issue. The market looks for original look, if that makes any difference, but from the standpoint of color/design theory, these are equal options.

Latest Threads