Pedals you haven't used or messed with for many years!!!

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
I've got a plastic bin of 24 pedals I haven't used in 11+ years, and most likely won't ever again.

I stopped playing live in '09, and only used about 8 pedals that were on my pedal board.

Some of my pedals haven't been used in well over 16 years.

Here's my list.

Boss :
1. Harmonizer HR-2
2. Compressor CS-2
3. Chorus CE-2
4. Phaser PH-1r

Barber
5. Direct Box
6.Tone Pump

Ibanez
7. Tube Screamer TS-10
8. Tube Screamer TS-9 Keeley Modded
9.Analog Delay AD-9 Keeley Modded (80's )

Pearl
10. Overdrive OD-05
11. Chorus Ch-02

Misc. Pedals

13. Menatone Dirty Blonde (early version)
14. Earthquake Tone Job
15. Amalgam Smooth Overdrive
16. Bruce Bennett Brown Sound (1st version)
17. Sub Decay Stupid Box (early version)
18 Source Audio Soundbox 2
19.Pigtronix Disnortion Micro
20. Hotone Krush

21. Dual Hermida Mosferatu
22. Hermida Zendrive (1 of first 20 ever produced)
23. Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive ( 2001 Flame Paint Job)
24 Nobels ODR-1 (early 2001 Version)

Last edited:

smk506

Reaction score
I’ve got a bbe tunbescreamer style pedal I haven’t turned on for more than a minute or two in years. It’s not a fancy high end unit, but it isn’t bad either.

I got it to push my vibrochamp when I lived in an apartment and it did that pretty ok. I got another amp with better built in OD and then another and somewhere down the line it just ended up on the shelf. :dunno:

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I have an island of misfit toys in my studio. I really need to sell them off, but have been too lazy to deal with shipping. Pile includes a Boss Metal Zone, TC Electronic chorus, Boss looper pedal, ProCo RAT, and some other things I can't recall. I also have a 5 knob Tube Driver that gets used for recording now and then, so that one won't get sold...

NotScott

Reaction score
I have a Mtcrovibe and an original Marshall Guv'nor that have been collecting dust. But then again, I was never a pedal guy anyway.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Timely thread! I'm just re-doing my pedalboard (an explosion of cables, connectors and soldering tools all over my bench right now)

These two must go.

P1080285.jpg

The Dunlop Rotovibe....bought it for one recording session in the mid 90s. Used it that one day and never touched it again.
The Boss GE-7 graphic EQ. Too clean and characterless (which some people would likely prefer) I have the GE-6....it's predecessor....bought it around 1980. It's dirty, noisy, rough, impolite....and I love it!

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
Timely thread! I'm just re-doing my pedalboard (an explosion of cables, connectors and soldering tools all over my bench right now)

These two must go.

View attachment 488666

The Dunlop Rotovibe....bought it for one recording session in the mid 90s. Used it that one day and never touched it again.
The Boss GE-7 graphic EQ. Too clean and characterless (which some people would likely prefer) I have the GE-6....it's predecessor....bought it around 1980. It's dirty, noisy, rough, impolite....and I love it!
Please PM me on the EQ pedal

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Holy jumpin catfish!

First I'll apologize to Lefty for being flippant and changing my mind about selling the GE-7.
I was about to sell it so I looked up what it might be worth. But I ran across descriptions of mods people have done to this thing so I decided to keep the pedal and try the mods.

Just finished performing all the mods. Swapped out the ICs, tantalum and electro caps for films and while I was there I modded the ACA to PSA power spec. (yes, I had all parts in inventory)

This thing sounds like a completely different pedal....like a veil has been lifted

Coxon2323

Reaction score
Ehx Ravish Sitar, I'll near get my head round that pedal.

rogue3

Reaction score
After all these years i have resurrected my TS10(on TB's list) and am loving it.Original issue made in japan.Especially nice with a Fender guitar when you jockey the guitars volume up and down, the way i use it.
I leave it on all the time.
Nice light drive characteristics,and i like the way the notes interact with each other when i do this.musical.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I've sold all of mine that I hadn't been using. A Keeley Blues Driver, two versions of MJM London Fuzz (great pedals, those), Colorsound Overdriver, TS9, Phase 90 and Small Stone phasers, Budda Wah, Bogner Red and Blue Ecstasy mini, Carl Martin Plexi Drive, Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret, Xotic BB Preamp, Ibanez Flanger, Megalith Delta, and plenty more. I've gotten rid of almost all of my dirt pedals since going Mesa.

I have an Analogman Germanium Fuzz that I never use, and a Wampler Compressor. Also a Snouse Black Box... I'm sure that there are more that I should just sell.

I'll buy the CE-2, send me a PM.

I'm considering an Ibanez Weeping Demon wah after watching this video (some really cool playing at the beginning and end):

I may actually like the way it works. Otherwise I've played guitar for decades and just done without a wah pedal.

Last edited:

joff

Reaction score
Since getting a Fender 5W Vibro Champ (switch down to 1.25W) and a Marshall 1W (switch down to 0.1W) in 2013, my JAM Pedals TubeDreamer88 OD pedal has been in it's box!

Mockbel

Reaction score
Cool thread..
Well I confess that I over obsessed myself within noise reduction dilemma... ended up with 2 high end noise gate pedals sitting in my closet for long time.. not expected to plug them again
ISP Decimator II
ISP Decimator II G String

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Hi I’m Wuuthrad and I’m a distortion pedal addict.

I’ve got more than I can use at once, but I like to chain them the right way, using them as intended, and I also like to stack them in wrongly and mess about a bit.

Fuzz, distortion, gain, you name it!

KP11520

Reaction score
Hey Freddy,

Are you considering using Mogami 3368 cable and plugs of your choice for your new setup?

A guy on Reverb sells it @ $2.20 a foot. Probably lower in bulk. Says in 10' lengths, but I bet you can get longer if you message him.

Might be a not too crazy expense for improvement?

These two must go.

View attachment 488666

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey Freddy,

Are you considering using Mogami 3368 cable and plugs of your choice for your new setup?

A guy on Reverb sells it @ $2.20 a foot. Probably lower in bulk. Says in 10' lengths, but I bet you can get longer if you message him.

Might be a not too crazy expense for improvement?
Nah...I've got a secret weapon cable. Shhhh...Belden 8218, 75 ohm coax video cable.
THE best, lowest capacitance cable around. I use it for all pedalboard and rig connections (pedalboard to amp and back). The only thing I don't use it for is the main lead going from my guitar to the pedalboard because it has a higher than desirable handling noise and also it's not as soft and pliable/memory-less as a good commercially marketed guitar cable. But in a static situation (where I'm not moving the cable around) it's perfectly quiet.

KP11520

Reaction score
Thanks for the Gumball Mickey!

I respect decisions based on practical reality AND performance.

Perfect balance.

Nah...I've got a secret weapon cable. Shhhh...Belden 8218, 75 ohm coax video cable.
THE best, lowest capacitance cable around. I use it for all pedalboard and rig connections (pedalboard to amp and back). The only thing I don't use it for is the main lead going from my guitar to the pedalboard because it has a higher than desirable handling noise and also it's not as soft and pliable/memory-less as a good commercially marketed guitar cable. But in a static situation (where I'm not moving the cable around) it's perfectly quiet.

Owntone

Reaction score
Bless me OP, for I have sinned...

I bought 4 Two Rock’s and 2 other amps built by Bill Krinard (I know I have a problem), I haven’t touched any of my dirt pedals. Delay in the effects loop interface and I’m happy.

Now to have a tag sell for all these pedals...

Latest Threads