Pedalboard Velcro

BACzero

Reaction score
There are two sides to Velcro... the hook (scratchy) side and the loop (fuzzy) side. Which side do you put on your pedalboard and which side do you put on your pedals (and why did you decide to do it that way)?

(Well... I was going to make this a poll, but apparently I did something wrong... so here are your options.) :p

[ ] Hooks on pedalboard, loops on pedals
[ ] Loops on pedalboard, hooks on pedals
[ ] I use zip ties or some other means of attaching my pedals
[ ] I don't use a pedalboard
[ ] Rat's Ass!

Meepers

Reaction score
I prefer to put the loop on the pedal, then if you need to take the pedal off the board it does not stick to carpets. BUT, my last two purchased boards come with the loop side n the board. So all my pedals currently have the hook side on the pedals, and the reason the board I just built myself is set up with the loop on the board.

DavGrape

Lé chat est sur le sol.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is timely, cuz I'm doing a pedalboard make-over.
Remarkable!
But I think I like hooks on the pedal, cuz it has a lower profile.

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are several alternatives to actual Velcro that may be better solutions. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Power-Grip-Pedalboard-Velcro-Alternative-Mounting/dp/B004ZKIHVU"]This one[/ame] (and others) use fasteners that are the same on both sides. That way, you don't have to worry about fuzzy side "up" or "down".

I'm partial to the "bicycle chain link" method, although I actually use [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Knape-Vogt-Desk-Fastener-Gauge/dp/B0006FKSA6"]figure-eight fasteners[/ame]. This gives me a positively firm connection to the board, that is easily re-configurable with just Phillips head screwdriver.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I like fuzzy side (loop) on the pedal board and hook (scratchy) on my pedals. When I bought my pedaltrain board, the loop was already on the board. I bought it used, so I'm not sure if that's how it came out of the factory, but I love it!

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I prefer the loops on the board so if I take the pedals off (which I don't, but I have...) then they do stick to the carpet and don't move around. But on hardwood or tile they'd slide everywhere with hooks on, so plan accordingly.
I think most custom/commercial pedalboards come with the loop side on the board also, right? I think it's somewhat of a standard, but to each their own.

foxtrot

Reaction score
I put the hook side on the pedals, just because it seems like that is the standard with commercial boards (even though I made my own board).

I was going to use the bike chain link method but it wasn't going to work on a couple pedals, so I just decided to go all velcro.

Maynar

You reached for the secret too soon
Reaction score
I use zap straps.

Screw Velcro.

roeg

Reaction score
I prefer to put the loop on the pedal, then if you need to take the pedal off the board it does not stick to carpets. BUT, my last two purchased boards come with the loop side n the board. So all my pedals currently have the hook side on the pedals, and the reason the board I just built myself is set up with the loop on the board.

Just the opposite here.Sometimes, just go with one pedal,no board.I like the way the pedal can stick to any carpet,wherever i am.A few clubs i've been too that have indoor-outdoor carpet on stage.different strokes

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
I'm lost on this "loop" thing. Am I the only one that just puts Velcro on the back of the pedal AND the board?

StonedCrow

Reaction score
I have the hook, or scratchy side on my pedalboard, and the loop, or fuzzy side on the bottom of my pedals, well every pedal except for my volume pedal, and wah wah which are not on pedalboard. I also use a kill switch which is attached to my strap and not on my pedalboard, so I actually have about a dozen kill switches, one on every guitar strap, plus back ups of them, but I attach the kill switch to my guitar straps with pedalboard velcro, and again for my kill switches I attach them to my guitar straps in the same style that I attach pedals to my pedal board, the loop or fuzzy side on the back of the switch in this case, and the hook or scratchy side on the guitar straps.

BACzero

Reaction score
I'm lost on this "loop" thing. Am I the only one that just puts Velcro on the back of the pedal AND the board?

LOL... Velcro has two parts... a hook side and a loop side (that's what makes the two pieces stick together). I'm wondering which side you put on your board, and which side you put on your pedals. ;)

Velcro_zps9emovvst.jpg

BACzero

Reaction score
I have the hook, or scratchy side on my pedalboard, and the loop, or fuzzy side on the bottom of my pedals, well every pedal except for my volume pedal, and wah wah which are not on pedalboard. I also use a kill switch which is attached to my strap and not on my pedalboard, so I actually have about a dozen kill switches, one on every guitar strap, plus back ups of them, but I attach the kill switch to my guitar straps with pedalboard velcro, and again for my kill switches I attach them to my guitar straps in the same style that I attach pedals to my pedal board, the loop or fuzzy side on the back of the switch in this case, and the hook or scratchy side on the guitar straps.

Kill switches on your straps? Reeaally... :hmm: Do you make your own, or is that something you buy?

Frogfur

Reaction score
Fish plates are the answer. Simple

Latest Threads