Pedal Recommendations delay, chorus etc.

tzd

Reaction score
Check out the Zoom MS 70CDR, I was so impressed with it I bought one, hopefully, it will arrive tomorrow.
The price is incredible for $150 shipping included

If you are based in the US you can get a new Zoom MS-70CDR for $120, or around $90-100 used.

It is a great pedal to get started on Chorus/Delay/Reverb effects.

moreles

Reaction score
What solid, wide-ranging recs! Good luck! For what it's worth, I don't use modulation much either, but oddly discovered, at long last, that rather than using a standard, excellent stompbox (a vintage Ibanez AD9, very highly regarded) stepping up to a really advanced unit actually allowed me to create a fantastic tone. Though I am an analog user mostly, after trying everything at my patient local shop, I found the Strymon DIG, a double digital delay, gives me beautiful organic, liquid tones far more complex and musical than the one-dimensional "boing-boing" of a regular delay. I'm sure I will be using some of the fantastic extreme effect this unit can provide, but what sold me, big time, is the always-on shimmer and dimensionality of my mainstream setting. There are lots of great delays out there, and tastes really vary a lot, but to my great surprise, this proved to be the unit that just brought my rig to life in a way that doesn't leave you thinking, "wow, listen to that delay..." because you're enthralled by musicality, not processing.

bsm9981

Reaction score
Ok guys, had a friend donate a chorus, it's a digitech chorus factory, so one down a few to go. I believe I have traded a set of tuners for a boss sd-1. I need a delay and phaser now. Anyone using a Echoplex? I'm intrigued by this pedal!

paco1976

Reaction score
I suggest to buy used pedals and sell if you are not convinced.
The pedal quest can be very expensive if you are not cautious.

Regarding effects I think a Delay is a must have, my opinion of course. I have a Boss DD3 which is great. I've had the Joyo analog delay and it was great too.

Between a chorus, flanger or phaser, check them and see if they really fit in what you play. They can be quite close to each other. They also vary a lot from one brand to another.

The Boss SD1 is a great pedal, along with the DD3 they are the 2 classics that have always been in my pedalboard.

Latest Threads