Pedal board recommendations

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I will jump in here...I read a number of reviews that said the furman spb-8c robbed a tiny bit of tone...I really wanted to buy one but passed...now, I used to be more of a tone snob but now I am a bit more focues on creating wierd sounds so I am letting my tone snobery go for a while...I am sure that the furman will not completly kill anyones tone so, you should try them out and see what you think...

kernelofwisdom

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
skb 55 is a nice board. one for sale in the classifieds i think. independent power through the jacks which is good and bad. some EH pedals need more than these will output (microPOG being an example I think - i actually spliced two outputs together and then sent them to a power hog pedal and one i wouldn't run at the same time as that one so i could get 200ma to the hog), but you can select polarity and on some of them voltage. But 10 pedals is all you get unless you go Line 6 cause the two red outputs are AC. I bypass the preamp. Again, good board just be aware of what it can and can't do).

Flynman

Reaction score
I use the PedalTrain pedal board with the Dunlop DC brick. They have a couple of different sizes. I think the largest is the PedalTrain Pro.

teemunknee

Reaction score
Guitar pedal boards - The Monkey LED Lighted effects Pedal Board - Affordable LED Lighted Musicians effects pedalboard / Professional midi Guitar Installation

I'd suggest the voodoolabs power supply over the DC brick, but that's just me, they're both good power supplies.

I'm not sure on your thoughts on something like this since it doesn't have a built in power conditioner like the furman does...but that just looks so badass...

I prefer the SKB over the furman, it seems to be built better, not sure if it really works better or not though seeing as though I don't really own either of them :(

That's just my $.02 though.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
wow...monkeyboards...IDK...how they would work in the real world...maybe too bright? too heavy? IDK but a part of me really likes the ideas of as many possible lights as my eyes can stand...

epilespaul2000

Reaction score
Personally, I'd just save the cash and build one for yourself outta wood. I bet you could make one with a lid that would be just as reliable any product sold on the market right now. It also would be beneficial because you could make it specially to accommodate your pedals. Plus, you'd save the cash for improving your tone. :naughty: You could ask around for some designs from members. I've seen a lot of cool homemade pedal boards here that look just as good, if not better than some that I've seen coming from companies.

Latest Threads