Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Brocko

Reaction score
Considering about 3 weeks before Xmas all I had was the wah (I had been using digital/computer effects for some time), I haven't done too bad! You guys can consider your work done:naughty:. Time to start building up a proper pedalboard I think...

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
I think my Fulltone love is at an all time high:

Seriously. With the rig I'm using right now it just works.... (PRS's mostly into a 65amps Ventura).

That OCD or PlimSoul with the Fat Boost is glorious. And the Fulldrive is rockin'.

Brocko

Reaction score
my god, that phaser really is big isn't it?
It really is. I would like to cut it down as it is pretty much completely empty under the footplate! If I had access to welding tools I would do it.

If the war was still on the RAF could make at least 3 Spitfires out of all that metal...

Brocko

Reaction score
Little update on NPD: DOD Stereo Chorus

It's a funny little chorus as delay time control can be used to make it sound more like a rotary. In fact, the 'normal' chorus sounds are within a relatively small area on the controls (fortunately it's a nice chorus sound). The pedal ranges from almost a tremolo/chorus through to a swampy leslie tone. Haven't run it in stereo but it has 2 outs. Takes dirt well, I was getting some nice Stone Roses tones out of it with a subtle chorus.

When I first tried it I thought it didn't work as was just getting bypass - then the sound started coming in - then the penny dropped - the chips were warming up, probably BBD chips in there or similar.

I like these DOD pedals - I had a Vibrothang which was pretty unique but just a bit noisy (didn't like the way that you could still hear it pulsing heavily when you weren't playing). This one is whisper quiet - these old DOD pedals are a bargain really for what you get.

Brocko

Reaction score
Snare, this is a pretty accurate demo of the pedal. Well worth £20.

[ame="http://YouTube.com/watch?v=dWlSLctE8ec"]DOD stereo chorus FX65[/ame]

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They have the same bbd chip as the original boss ce-2.

Daaaamn

Brocko

Reaction score
Just had a good hour long play with it - it's one of those pedals that just inspires you to keep playing! I love it. Yeah I have heard it has those CE-2 chips but with the added bonus of that delay knob. Mine has a wider sweep on the speed knob than that demo, so it goes right up to bonkers but will still do the subtle stuff. But it's one of those pedals you just keep finding sweet spots in.

To answer your question about the RT-20, it's different. You get more sense of movement with the boss but this thing does have a warmth to it and can get swampy - it's the old analog cliche I guess but it does hold true here.

One caveat is that is has a very odd power input (11v I think, with the 3.5 jack) so I might just get one of those battery convertor leads.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i'll still probably end up blowing my money on a MIJ CE-2, to be honest. I'm stupid like that

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
VERY lush sounding, '80s deep chorusing, just the way I like it. Well, one version of chorus at least.

Edit: I just heard the demo.

Brocko

Reaction score
i'll still probably end up blowing my money on a MIJ CE-2, to be honest. I'm stupid like that
Fair enough, but seriously if you see one of these on ebay for £20, snap it up. You won't be disappointed.

In fact, check ebay, there is a guy in Nottingham selling one! It's on £8 at the mo with 6 days left (looks mint).

It must be fate....

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
haha - yeah, i spotted that one. it's in my list, in case i feel lucky later this week :D

Tevilspek

Reaction score
Duck balls!!

Ordered a custom made dual channel, original spec OC75 Tonebender Mk1 and BC109 Fuzz in single enclosure.
Going to get my Stoner Rock on, oh yeah.

How's it, everyone?

Latest Threads