Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Brocko

Reaction score
skip past the hamfisted attempt at hotel california (he seems to be struggling on the strat side to me, does it sound like it to anyone else?)
he is not that bad - i think you are just jealous because he has a Double Rock and you don't :naughty: (well at least not yet anyway!:naughty:)

But seriously - Still im not sure that demo really makes it seem that special - i was expecting a Marty McFly moment when he plugs his guitar into the amp the doc makes him and gets blown across the room...

You need to demo one in person i would guess.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
he is not that bad - i think you are just jealous because he has a Double Rock and you don't :naughty: (well at least not yet anyway!:naughty:)

But seriously - Still im not sure that demo really makes it seem that special - i was expecting a Marty McFly moment when he plugs his guitar into the amp the doc makes him and gets blown across the room...

You need to demo one in person i would guess.
nobody is making it do what J Mascis makes it do, basically. I need to consult with young Gerald and find a good example of modern Dinosaur Jr live footage.

Brocko

Reaction score
By the way - BBE bench press - anyone any experience/opinions?

I believe it is based on the old Ross compressor. I want a good quality compressor but don't want to spend big money - this is going for £40 in my local pawn shop...

They also have a BBE sonic stomp for £100.....I think they maaaaay have mixed up the labels. Hmmmm

IamGerald

Reaction score
I have been massively out the loop recently, just got back from a short stint of camping in Wales. Whud up? Double rocks rule!

IamGerald

Reaction score
Amazing about the double rock. Looking forward to hearing it.

As for the vacuuming, did it reveal any treasures? I usually find something of interests beneath the crust.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Apparently I own a gigrig pro 14! I just figured the bottom half of my board was a dead cat

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
in vaguely exciting news, i've managed to put the old pickup rings back on the goldtop. just need to swap the knobs and the caps now, and it's ebay fodder!

Batman

Reaction score
I got to play with a Lovepedal built Zendrive this evening. I dropped off my TC Flashback with one of my friends and he invited me in to hear his newest pedal. It's a very unique sounding OD; through his 59 Bassman RI it sounds like the ultimate overdriven Fender. It's smooth and articulate; actually it's the most articulate pedal I've ever heard! It retains the character of the amp while adding a low mid emphasis and a smoothness that most pedals can't match.

I can’t wait to hear my Zendog side by side with this pedal.

Brocko

Reaction score
NPD: BBE Bench Press

Still at work so haven't had a chance to test yet, but from what i hear they are a good quality version of the Ross compressor, but with an extra attack knob. BBE do some pretty high end studio compressors so i expect (and from the reviews i have seen) this to be good.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Any luck finding your knob?
i found one. Two, if we count you as a dick

NPD: BBE Bench Press

Still at work so haven't had a chance to test yet, but from what i hear they are a good quality version of the Ross compressor, but with an extra attack knob. BBE do some pretty high end studio compressors so i expect (and from the reviews i have seen) this to be good.
sorry nobody could help you with a review man - BBE pedals are still not used much over here at MLP. not shiny enough for us i guess :D

Brocko

Reaction score
sorry nobody could help you with a review man - BBE pedals are still not used much over here at MLP. not shiny enough for us i guess :D
No dramas - £40 it is not too much of a gamble really(payday today) and i generally just want it for some clean/fat sustain and super spanky stuff so can't go too wrong if it is modelled on a Ross. True bypass so no spurious buffers to worry about.

Looks pretty solidly built, its a minor thing but the knobs are some of the best feeling i have experienced on a pedal!! Hope the sounds matches. :)

Next up will be looking to build a Tremulus Lune tremolo, then either a Single/Double Brocko:naughty:

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i don't want to alarm anyone, but we seem to have actually started buying pedals again...

Latest Threads