Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i don't think i'd dare arrive at a gig with some clingfilm. the drummer would never let it go

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
My thing with silicon is it's too raspy and spitty usually.

My Analog Man Sun Bender is actually overbiased on the Sun Dial - I like it to be veeeeery smooth. No amount of sputteryness to be found.

Germanium with humbuckers is actually my preference. Dark, warm, and molten thick. Syrupy. When I use fuzz I don't want to hear string separation or do chordal stuff. For me if I kick on my Sun Bender it's totally for that singing lead smooth creamy thing for single line stuff. I want it to have a little edge but nothing that sounds broken. More like just smooth singing sustain. Santana esque.

Big Muffs can be cool - I dig the Sovtek ones though most. A great example of a Big Muff doing that smooth singing tone I love so much is Third Eye Blind's "Never Let You Go". That lead lick in the intro is a great example. It was a Creamy Dreamer - which was a modified Sovtek Muff circuit.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
mine is kind of on my chest, kind of in my throat, kind of in my sinuses...

I had to cancel band practice tonight - gig on saturday should be fun - but don't fell deathly ill, just... ill.

well boring!

kboman

Reaction score
It totally sucks.

Funny thing about transistors - I have a bunch of fuzzes and very consistently the silicon or silicon/germanium hybrid ones are the smoothest and the two with all germanium are by far the most angry, spitting and gated. Don't underestimate the power of the circuit design!

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah, i've never had a spitty silicon fuzz. they have a certain top end to them of course, but mine have always been biased well and powered right, so no spittyspatt.

switchback

Reaction score
I like my fuzz to be organic, my NK 275 Sunface does a good job. Right now I am running it clean enough to still play 4 note chords (Major 7, excreta) and when I stack it with my RATT (also set up to give a little hair) they both explode. Onto, the other extreme, I also like to get a real spitty strange fuzz. Right now I am using my Fuzz Factory for that, but I will be replacing that with a WTF fuzz from Rockett.

J. Rockett Audio Design WTF Fuzz pedal - YouTube

Hi switch.
Hiya St. Bede !:wave:

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who likes to get a strange spitty sounding fuzz going and start to play exotic scales? I thrown in an env filter and some tape delay and pretend I am on a cosmic ride to the mothership.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who likes to get a strange spitty sounding fuzz going and start to play exotic scales? I thrown in an env filter and some tape delay and pretend I am on a cosmic ride to the mothership.
coughGezcough

Batman

Reaction score
Hey Switch!

Damn! It's been aaaages since you've lurked here!

I think my entire rig is new from the last time you were here on a regular basis. Ill post pictures when I get home from work.

switchback

Reaction score
Hey Switch!

Damn! It's been aaaages since you've lurked here!

I think my entire rig is new from the last time you were here on a regular basis. Ill post pictures when I get home from work.
I hear ya, mine is all new as well

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
On its way:

one more step foward...

now for the crazy stuff:

I keep thinking, I should figure out if it possible to put a FAMC liquid router on the bottom of my pedal board. I know "is that even reasonable or won't something just blow up, if you do that"?

Liquid Router A16

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHWsCYvrJ_o]LR_A16 INTRO - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK0DaGptJKE]LR_A16 Mix Mode Intro - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRatEkMoHrw]Liquid Router - Editor Overview - YouTube[/ame]

I emailed FAMC with a few question about that.

All in all, a crazy idea but if possible the power would be fantastic.

(Feel free to offer your thoughts).

kboman

Reaction score
Nope! Yesterday I turned on the Hoof, the Zap Machine and the Cusack delay, turned down my volumes a bit (I've added a master volume to my guitar, can't remember if I said) and with some considered (= constant) Bigsby use I sounded just like an old 78 record!

The Hoof is far from perfect but it is ridiculously touch sensitive if you just back off a bit on your guitar volume. And I have yet to find a single pedal that does not sound like it has gone through a dimensional warp and become a completely different entity after being put through the ZM.

I love Earthquaker Devices.

Latest Threads