Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Quadraverb I think was a right of passage. First time I even considered a Digital unit. Once I found the amount of different effects in one box and how simple it made my setup I was hooked. It wasn't till I started recording that I really started listening to the quality. Or lack of quality the Digital units had on my tone. Never again. Analogue for the duration. If you don't want to see me come in with my fairly large pedalboard, Don't call me.
You are correct it was a rite of passage.... wow, I laughed really hard when I read that, due to your insight. I agree, I kept buying rack gear but I did increase the quality. Higher end Lexicon verbs still sit really well in a mix. However I enjoy using old digital stuff for the grity artifacts. However, it is a matter of perspective. My Roland V synth is sounding more “digital” then when I first bought it. The performance aspect is still killer and in a mix all the richness can get reduced down into a narrow band anyway. I once read a qoute from Frank Zappa, talking about fixing something in the mix: “we’ll fix it in the shrink wrap”. That is the way it always is. A robust sound becomes a tiny little thing, that sound great with everything else but wierd on its own.

dro

Reaction score
You are correct it was a rite of passage.... wow, I laughed really hard when I read that, due to your insight. I agree, I kept buying rack gear but I did increase the quality. Higher end Lexicon verbs still sit really well in a mix. However I enjoy using old digital stuff for the grity artifacts. However, it is a matter of perspective. My Roland V synth is sounding more “digital” then when I first bought it. The performance aspect is still killer and in a mix all the richness can get reduced down into a narrow band anyway. I once read a qoute from Frank Zappa, talking about fixing something in the mix: “we’ll fix it in the shrink wrap”. That is the way it always is. A robust sound becomes a tiny little thing, that sound great with everything else but wierd on its own.

I heard the other day, That's how the Traveling Wilburry's got their name. From We'll Bury it in the mix

Neffco

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on the TCH Play Acoustic. I think I’m up to at least one full milk crate worth of pedals.

Latest Threads