Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

dickjonesify

Reaction score
So true @gibsonguitar1988 ! The good ol’ days hahaha. This thread was a hoppin’ for a while.

I still pop by MLP occasionally to check the Luthier’s Corner and I’ll get notified when someone actually comments on this thread haha.

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
For posterity:
thumbnail-31.jpeg

thumbnail-32.jpeg

These new acquisitions are actually a fully functioning tube amp rig, and a 'Marshall' at that! The Two Notes Le Crunch preamp pedal is sold as a 'Marshall' preamp and it has amp-like controls for a great familiar feel. I have that patched into a Mooer Radar, which is a cab and power amp simulator with onboard EQ. These, along with in-ear monitors are all I need for rehearsals or gigs where we plan to go FOH.

Last edited:

Reaction score
I bought an old favorite 3 days ago that I used to own and never should have sold.
Wampler Dracarys
[IMG]

(and my crush on Emilia Clarke has nothing to do with it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
:D
)

[IMG]

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I went to place a pic of my pedal board here... but, I was told my pic was too big to upload. I can not see why, because it is a very humble board with just a few pedals. Well, sort of humble with a few, few, few-ish pedals, depending on how you count such things.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh there are so many reasons why I am going to write this post (none of the reasons are directed or about you all):

F*** F*** F*** ect ad infinitum

I guess the good news is that I dug into 1235 patterns/licks/runs and their permutations

Mockbel

Reaction score
I went to place a pic of my pedal board here... but, I was told my pic was too big to upload. I can not see why, because it is a very humble board with just a few pedals. Well, sort of humble with a few, few, few-ish pedals, depending on how you count such things.
I use this whenever image size is too big to upload here...

2009LPGT

Reaction score
Took me till page 5 to enter this thread, great group! My pedals have not changed for a couple of years now: TU3>CS3>SD1w>DM2w. I did add one of them rechargeable battery deals awhile back. That makes gigging one step easier!!!

I miss changing pedals like undies but once you find a good vanilla! :fingersx:

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No new pedals for me lately. Been watching a lot of opera from the MET. They are allowing a different opera to be streamed per day. My girlfriend decided to pay for the subscription so now we can choose to watch whatever is in the archives.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I just acquired a Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe V.1 and an Amptweaker Tight Metal Jr. Along with the Orange head, a BuGGFX Raincoat, and a BYOC Superfuzz clone, I am so covered in chunk and distortion.

:headbanger:

Pedalboard.jpg

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
I've been on an 80s binger. Chorus, delay, reverb, all of it. I've been looking at old racks of the LA session cats and also been on a David Gilmour kick lately. I'm also on a BOSS pedal kick. I've been looking at old discontinued BOSS pedals.

I've been wanting a BOSS Dimension C DC-2w Waza version forever, and I finally pulled the trigger. It will be here on Monday. I've been using my DC-3 Digital Dimension a lot lately, and I've wanted to try the 4 button version forever. I know I love my VB-2w Waza. If the DC-2w works well, I might spring for the CE-2w as well. I have a whole list of old stuff for BOSS to bring back and give the Waza Craft treatment. I really am hoping for something cool next year at NAMM. Slow Gear would be cool to see. I've seen so many photoshop mockups I keep thinking that it exists, haha. I could use that.

I'm also on the hunt for an MZ-2, for that sweet doubling/chorus/distortion in one box. I thought about the new SY-1 Synthesizer but I just don't know that I can pull that one off and it's not something I can use in my music that I play.

I've been going through my board - either using a lot of cheaper effects or really expensive sh!t, not much in between, lol!

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been on an 80s binger. Chorus, delay, reverb, all of it. I've been looking at old racks of the LA session cats and also been on a David Gilmour kick lately. I'm also on a BOSS pedal kick. I've been looking at old discontinued BOSS pedals.

I've been wanting a BOSS Dimension C DC-2w Waza version forever, and I finally pulled the trigger. It will be here on Monday. I've been using my DC-3 Digital Dimension a lot lately, and I've wanted to try the 4 button version forever. I know I love my VB-2w Waza. If the DC-2w works well, I might spring for the CE-2w as well. I have a whole list of old stuff for BOSS to bring back and give the Waza Craft treatment. I really am hoping for something cool next year at NAMM. Slow Gear would be cool to see. I've seen so many photoshop mockups I keep thinking that it exists, haha. I could use that.

I'm also on the hunt for an MZ-2, for that sweet doubling/chorus/distortion in one box. I thought about the new SY-1 Synthesizer but I just don't know that I can pull that one off and it's not something I can use in my music that I play.

I've been going through my board - either using a lot of cheaper effects or really expensive sh!t, not much in between, lol!
80s: I loved my Alesis Quadaverb and the Roland G8 (if I remeber then name right). They were cheesy but very fun.

dro

Reaction score
Quadraverb I think was a right of passage. First time I even considered a Digital unit. Once I found the amount of different effects in one box and how simple it made my setup I was hooked. It wasn't till I started recording that I really started listening to the quality. Or lack of quality the Digital units had on my tone. Never again. Analogue for the duration. If you don't want to see me come in with my fairly large pedalboard, Don't call me.

Latest Threads