Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

lakeburst

Reaction score

My brand new Revival Drive. Sorry for the crappy phone pics, only a quick '& dirty shot made in my workshop.
Very heavy, very complex setting options, had no time yet to give it a closer test.
I'm a little excited :naughty:

Neffco

Reaction score
1901DBF9-0F11-4196-A9CF-0D4651AF0FA2.jpeg
I’ve got an OCD on the way and couldn’t resist giving this one a shot. Does the quest for the perfect OD ever end. I feel like I’m hunting unicorns at the end of a rainbow.

Neffco

Reaction score
I went ahead and bought a Friedman be-od from a member. Doh, couldn’t pass it up. Between the ocd, riot, Friedman be-od, lovepedal vintage/modern and the rocket archer I should be able to find the tonze I’m searching for, lol.

Neffco

Reaction score
EE97A869-1F88-4A03-858C-1591F050541B.jpeg
Ok, I’m a crackhead. Got one of these on the way. I’m done now. Seriously. I’ll probably be putting some pedals up for sale soon. I’m liking how my ocd is playing with my lovepedal.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Hello all, checking in. I don't get around these parts much anymore. Partly due to life and partly just because I'm doing other things. But this thread is awesome and I hope it continues. It's had a good long run, and I'm sure I'll be in every so often. I feel like there are a lot of new people here that have picked up the slack I and some others have left and keep it pretty active! Truth be told my pedal addiction isn't as strong as it once was. I still use and love pedals but I don't buy them as often and I generally don't obsess to the level I once did. I still buy them on occasion though but I'm learning to love what I already have and if I'm bored with a particular chain, I'll just change it with pedals from my reserves of collecting pedals all these years rather than go to the forums or on social media and see what's new and making lists and buying pedals nonstop. I still have a few I think about getting from time to time but really I'm getting kinda close to the place where I'm comfortable with what I have and I just need to spend more time with what I have.

Here's what's new in my world guitar-wise:

I bought a new 2018 Gibson Cherry SG Standard this weekend. I traded 3 guitars and got it. I have been pretty down on Gibson in recent times but I have to give credit where it's due - they are really trying to make a comeback and it's a fabulous guitar. Really sounds great and the Burstbucker 61s sound surprisingly good both clean and dirty. I really love the middle position on it too, something I normally never use on a Gibson guitar. I'll try to post a pic of it soon. I can't wait to play it out at my yearly fest we have at the end of September. It really is also very light, something my back appreciates.

Rockett pedals were on sale for Labor Day here in the States, so I picked up an Archer Clean. I have a Silver Archer, Gold Archer, and Rockaway Archer already. I guess you could say I'm a fan. I don't sell pedals I own very often but my plan is to find the best one of the bunch (they are are all pretty close but slight differences) and sell the other 3. I'm thinking I'll keep the Clean. I'm finding I don't like Klon style pedals with the overdrive turned up. It's good for a mid color boost of sorts but to me with the gain turned up it sounds congested to me. So my plan is to run the Clean early in the chain.

I think that's all for now! Hope everyone is well, I'm doing ok at the moment. I've been dealing with a bad back and getting injections for it.

Neffco

Reaction score
The Friedman is out, the Riot, OCD, Archer and Lovepedal are staying for now. Something about the modern side of the Lovepedal that’s really good. The vintage side, not so much. The Riot just sounds awesome and plays nice with the Lovepedal for leads. The OCD is set to its lowest gain setting and it seems to get along well with the archer. The Friedman may find a spot on my secondary board that I’m building for plug and play through a PA system in the local brewery. It’s not transparent at all, but it does it’s thing well all by itself. If I played metal it would be perfect.

I’ve got a few different rythem tones to mess with now and a couple stages of lead sounds.

Delay is next.

dickjonesify

Reaction score
Hey guys! Been a long time. Sorry to say I’ve been on the Kemper Profiler train and haven’t had a lick of PAS in many months! So so happy with my tone these days doing 100% Kemper with the remote. It’s just so practical and a real time and back saver haha.

But, pedals are so dang fun. Sometimes I miss being a nutjob like you guys
:love:

WhiteEpiLP

Reaction score
Cool shit right there. But whom ever wrote/proofread that webpage has horrible grammer, I mean me fail English. That's onpossible.