Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Regarding the H9. I can understand the desire to run more then one fx at once, but the algorithms are so powerful that I find myself just using one of my H9s.

If have staked a lot of eventide fxs and it tend to be too much. It can sound cool but it becomes a little to plastic-ie sounding. After all my experiments, I have decided one H9 is really all I need.

I would pull the second one of my board, but it does q,wha,volume pedal stuff so I run it up front, and I use the second H9 at the end and in stereo. The H9 does not do a great job at q or wha stuff.

I wish ther was a pedal out there that would do all three fxs and sound great.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Just an update. I changed my boards again. Both for the clean amp rig and the Marshall rig.

Last weekend I got a Way Huge Fat Sandwich locally at my GC in the used section. I have a black and yellow one that has different writing on the controls. Jeorge Tripps says it's the same circuit but the gold and black one is way "fatter", no pun intended. I found out by my own research the new black Fat Sandwich has a Hi Cut control and it works like the 25th anniversary Red Llama that's in the Camel Toe and seperate pedal. The tone knob works backwards. The higher it's set the darker it is. I cannot for the life of me get them to sound the same. The black one is always thinner sounding. So, the gold one is on the pedalboard and I absolutely love it. It's a distortion that borders on fuzz and for solos through my Fender/Z rig, it's killin'.

In the Marshall world I've changed it up to a simpler pedal rig. I've got a Rockett Rockaway Archer as the ONLY dirt pedal. I have a Catalinbread Belle Epoch in front of the amp, and a TC Flashback in the loop. No more chorus and only using the Archer for a boost, no gain set on the pedal. All the gain is coming from the amp and I'm boosting it for solos. I'm using the Belle for a very light slapback for my rhythms. I use the TC on a longer preset for solos. Keeping that rig as Classic Rock as possible. Might even just plug straight into it some days for a more AC/DC like approach. Good sounding Marshall.

I'm starting to find my approach to what setup I'll use when. I still think the Fender/Z rig with the pedals is more versatile if I'm having to go from rock to country to hair metal to blues, etc. And there are some effects in the M9 I need for new country songs and the Timeline has my delays covered. My plan is to still upgrade the M9 to a HX Effects at some point but all in good time, all in good time. There are some Line 6 effects that are specific to those boxes. And then sometimes if it's just a rock jam of old classic rock or blues, taking the Marshall and less pedals makes more sense. Really depends on the set.

Roman4405

Reaction score
2D3FB474-01FB-4F84-A3F0-AE73B1CD110E.jpeg

How come the damn pic is sideways?

Anyway, new gear. The LP Special is gone, I like the P90’s but didn’t bond with it. After trading and selling I wound up with this partscaster, fideletron pickups, swamp ash body, not sure where the neck came from but it feels and plays great.

Also got a Peavey Classic 30, the dude pulled the amp and Reverb tank and made a head, the original enclosure is the 12” cab. I’ve wanted a Classic 30 for a while and am really happy with it. It’s a bit like my old BDRi, really nice clean tone but with a better gain channel.

I also got a Boss Tuner and an SD-1 for $60. The tuner does tuner stuff and the SD-1 is surprisingly cool, sounds pretty nice through the clean and dirty channels of the Classic 30.

Plus I’ve got a Digitech RP360XP on the way, got a really good deal on it, I like the idea of having something that can do Amp/Cab simulations. Plus I don’t really use a lot of modulation but when I do want it I can cover pretty much all the bases I’d need to with that.

Roman4405

Reaction score
Thanks, the strap matches the Tele pretty well too.

Just got the RP360 in the mail, I’m pretty excited to mess around with that later.

Roman4405

Reaction score
My wife is in Japan and asked me if there was anything I wanted. I told her if she found some old Japanese Boss or Ibanez pedals to let me know. A nice Japanese Fender something or other would be cool too. Cross your fingers for me guys.

Roman4405

Reaction score
Spent a few hours messing with the RP360XP between last night and today and I’m really impressed with it. I just ran it into the front of the amp, I’ll put it in the effects loop later, but it sounds really good. There are a ton of presets and a lot of them sound great, some are unusable but overall if you just wanna plug and play you can. My only other previous experience with anything like this was a Zoom G3x back in 2011, this thing completely blows it out of the water IMO.

kboman

Reaction score
Hi guys, new and old, regular and irregular. I don't have a great deal to contribute with these days.

I haven't had a NPD in roughly two years now. The H9 will go back to Britain next week after all. My whole rig has been dismantled and boxed up since early/mid january. I honestly can't remember the last time I sat down with a guitar. I'm about to enter a legal dispute of sorts with the guy who was supposed to build me a guitar.

On the plus side I did release an album, we moved quite far across the country to improve our work/social/cultural potential and there's a couple of fuzz tourboxes heading my way. And my daughter is an explosion of wonder and joy.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have been super busy with my life, so I have not been here much.
Good to hear from you kboman.
I also have not bought a new pedal lately. I have some ideas: Chase bliss, brothers, wmd newest Geiger counter with midi, maybe instead of the chase bliss, one of the midi capable strymon drive pedals, and I like the idea of the wha/boost/volume outboard thing by some freanch company, pro something I think.
However, my life is crazy and I have decided about making some big changes. Those changes will have serious impact on me finically. I really need to be putting money aside. I could sell gear to get more gear but that goes against my gear collector disease.

Thrill

Reaction score
Spent a few hours messing with the RP360XP between last night and today and I’m really impressed with it. I just ran it into the front of the amp, I’ll put it in the effects loop later, but it sounds really good. There are a ton of presets and a lot of them sound great, some are unusable but overall if you just wanna plug and play you can. My only other previous experience with anything like this was a Zoom G3x back in 2011, this thing completely blows it out of the water IMO.

For the first 10+ years of my playing, all I had was a small solid state practice amp and and an RP250. Loved that little processor. I was a huge Metallica fan back then and I dialed in just about perfect settings for each album, both rhythm and leads. Its also really good for playing in a band, especially cover bands, because you can line up tones for your whole set list and just switch to the next one after each song. Really miss that little thing.

Roman4405

Reaction score
For the first 10+ years of my playing, all I had was a small solid state practice amp and and an RP250. Loved that little processor. I was a huge Metallica fan back then and I dialed in just about perfect settings for each album, both rhythm and leads. Its also really good for playing in a band, especially cover bands, because you can line up tones for your whole set list and just switch to the next one after each song. Really miss that little thing.

I have three patches set up for going direct, a dirty Plexi type tone, a cleanish Fender twin type and then a Clean AC30. Then I set up patches with no amp sim for my modulation, one has delay, chorus and Reverb, the other is a tremolo, phaser and another delay.

My dirt is on my PT Mini going straight into the front of the amp.

WhiteEpiLP

Reaction score
Onboard-Fulltone Plimsoul, BYOC 'Leeds' (Superfuzz clone). Off is the Bad Monkey and the BuGG Systech Harmonic Energizer.
jvVvlGb.jpg
You've really been making some changes lately. Me likey.
Btw do yourself a favor and resist the temptation to flip the bad monkey, even though its a cheaper pedal its still a keeper.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So I kicked off my Pork Loin from my board. The PL was too muddy when I dialed in enough dirt. I tried to use my Rockett Alan Holdsworth pedal. Did not work for my amp/guitar combination. Put on my VFE alpha dog and that seems to be working. Right now I am running a Steinberger with Bartolini PU into a JC 40, utilizing my H9 in stereo. I like it but have some problems with sc/sc/HB setup on my guitar.

kboman

Reaction score
The mids of a Rat-style pedal seems like a good idea there yeah. Makes sense. I had a Pork Loin a while too but never bonded with it.

Roman4405

Reaction score
Ugghhh, I think I’m gonna sell the RP360XP. It’s great, sound awesome, pretty easy to use...and I still don’t want it anymore. I’m just gonna get a TC Flashback for my delay and something like a Palmer Pocket Amp or a SansAmp for going direct.

coupe89

Reaction score
My newest pedal from reverb. Just wondering why do most used tubescreamers have the same dent on them?
kLyBRa4.jpg