Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

dickjonesify

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I've scrapped any plans for a Helix or similar. I need hands-on access to too much stuff for that to work. Also I have no money.
There are all kinds of control surfaces with knobs, buttons and faders for hands on access. It's a lot of fun.

But, you don't need it. Your setup rocks :dude:

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Man, that Friedman BE-OD is legit AF. Go get ya one if you want a high gain Marshall tone.

Seriously killer high gain Marshall tone. I was getting my Neal Schon on with no problem and then just about any late 70s through 80s hard rock tone. It just kicks ass. I couldn't be happier.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
Sooo... not that I need another dirt-box, but... (we all have started many, many posts in this thread with these famous words...)

a very, very nice double od pedal is apparently at sale. From a place that I have a coupon for (so, practically, shipping will be free). Supposedly a limited run pedal of 2,000 pieces. And I guess I could find some good uses for it and have my share of fun, not that it could fit in any of my 2 boards. Oh, well, it's this one:

Anyone wanna try to talk me out of it...? (rhetorical question) :p

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a new Guv'nor GV-2. I'm not at home yet so I don't know what it sounds like, but it sure is a pretty (and heavy) thing.

Brocko

Reaction score
Yeah the little pedal above the Polysaturator changes patches on the Empress Reverb and H9

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
My GV-2 hooked into my "rig". This pedal would sound a lot better plugged into my Class 5, but I do like the sound of the deep control turned up. It's supposed to sort of emulate a Marshall 4 x 12 cab. It does add a bit of thump, even through the headphones. The gain control will give you all the distortion you could possibly want. I didn't want to go past 12:00. I read a lot of reviews on this pedal. Some hate, some love. I found all sorts of sounds that I liked, whether I was using P-90s or 490s.

I had a stupid moment after I hooked it up the first time. No sound when I hit the switch. There's a battery in it, but I figured it was dead after storage. I mean, how long ago were these pedals a thing? Anyway, I have lots of 9V batteries, so when I opened up the back again to change it, I noticed finally that the battery was still in its wrapper. DUH!

Mockbel

Reaction score
Hi guys... my first post on PAS !!

I just wonder how my GAS has turned into PAS !!!!!!!!!!! Few weeks ago I decided to take the Boss GT8 out of my rig and go directly to the amp... I expected that I will only need a wah pedal.. got the CryBaby GCB95... then got a FlashBack Delay.. then guess what... I want a volume pedal, an EQ, Noise Gate, etc... I can't believe that I started to think about having Overdrive/Distortion pedals.. I have been always happy with my amp high gain dirty channel but seems like it is changing...

I started to look for a pedal board too !!!!!!!!!

I decided to go from GT8 to (few) pedals for simplicity but seems like I slipped into the PAS dilemma !!!!