Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Batman

Reaction score
Voila - (French) From vois ‎(“see!, look!”), second-person singular imperative of voir ‎(“to see, to look”) and ‎(“there”), literally meaning "look there!".

Wallah - (Hindi)
1. One employed in a particular occupation or activity: a kitchen wallah; rickshaw wallahs.
2. An important person in a particular field or organization: "the Ritz, a favorite haunt of Republican wallahs" (John Robinson).

Batman

Reaction score
The Urban dictionary does have a funny definition of walla

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
...aaaaand the Rat is mine! Made in USA, mint, original box & paperwork for 50 euros! Yes, it's a buyer's market around here... Always. Score!

switchback

Reaction score
Sounds like the call of a muezzin - did old Switch get religion? :)
:laugh2: actually not religion, but a relationship :thumb:

Kb, thanks for giving my music a listen, I am working on some current stuff I hope to publish soon!

kboman

Reaction score
For sale, special price for my friends here:
- EQD Sound Shank, think Buzzaround fuzz
- Subdecay Variac, think MIAB
- Joe Barden humbucker, think Joe Barden humbucker

switchback

Reaction score
For sale, special price for my friends here:
- EQD Sound Shank, think Buzzaround fuzz
- Subdecay Variac, think MIAB
- Joe Barden humbucker, think Joe Barden humbucker
Why are you letting go of the Variac? :hmm: Might be interested.......

kboman

Reaction score
I just don't like the Marshall sound, basically. And this one is too smooth for me.

Batman

Reaction score
Hey Batman,

Quill put it in good words, its the moment of TAA DAA or presto some how majic just happened ! :hmm: not always but in this case YES!

How have you been?
I'm good man just very tired.

Just did a 13-day in a row stretch of work. Put a fork in me, I'm done.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey Austin, I just named a preset in my H9 pedals after you. The sound just made me think of you. Why? I am not sure but I did.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have narrowed down my search for the highly saturated smooth(ish) thick position on my pedal board. (Right now, I have my Catalinbread SCOD in the spot). I am thinking either a VFE Fiery Red Horse or a Basic Audio Spooky Tooth. I can find a used VFE pretty easy and with patience I should be able to buy one at a good price. However the Basic Audio seems to have a little more coolness (tones that are not as typical as the VFE). Any experiences or thoughts by you all, is always welcome by me.

Along the way I learned that the Rat is really a type of a fuzz pedal (square wave clipping). Makes sense to me, because I love the sound I get from my fuzzes when I hit them with a lower guitar volume output and thus they are cleaner sounding. I always dial the rat to have pretty low gain.

Latest Threads