Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking I should get some sort of D style pedal?

Maybe the BK Butler Tube Driver would be better.

Any idea about getting sweet mids? ... it would be cool to find something that has a less ubiquitous sound as the two previously mentioned pedals.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just to let you all know: the Eventide rotary is better then the Lex. It is true. I A/B them for a very long time and the Eventide sounds better.

However there are a few interesting issues. The Lex has a high mid boost and rolls off the bass (at least through my gear). That makes it sound a little more forward. After the "null" point there seems to be sort of emphises that makes the sound feel more pronuced. There also seems to be some sort of high end sound that makes me think of the noise that the motor makes.

I tried to get the Eventide to be as bright mid-ish as possible to push it more into the foreground but it always stayed mellow. The ramp up is not as hyped but sweeter. The Eventide is more 3d but it can disapesr a little. The Lex is a little too brittle and difficult to combime with verb.

Both leave me wanting something. I am not 100% sure I will sell the Lex (because it does cut through) but then again another H9 would be useful and save room on my board.

I am glad I got to try a Strymon product however I might just be more of an Eventide person.

kboman

Reaction score
Last weekend, my mum came to visit us in our new flat. She gave me an old photo of the first time I ever played an instrument - not sure everyone has that!

kboman

Reaction score
Just to let you all know: the Eventide rotary is better then the Lex. It is true. I A/B them for a very long time and the Eventide sounds better.

However there are a few interesting issues. The Lex has a high mid boost and rolls off the bass (at least through my gear). That makes it sound a little more forward. After the "null" point there seems to be sort of emphises that makes the sound feel more pronuced. There also seems to be some sort of high end sound that makes me think of the noise that the motor makes.

I tried to get the Eventide to be as bright mid-ish as possible to push it more into the foreground but it always stayed mellow. The ramp up is not as hyped but sweeter. The Eventide is more 3d but it can disapesr a little. The Lex is a little too brittle and difficult to combime with verb.

Both leave me wanting something. I am not 100% sure I will sell the Lex (because it does cut through) but then again another H9 would be useful and save room on my board.

I am glad I got to try a Strymon product however I might just be more of an Eventide person.
It's a fascinating journey to find out what you like to make music with, the voicings of chords and gear alike as well as all the other little details that, if we are lucky (and work hard to be lucky), become something greater when they come together.
I've recently taken the single coils out of my old Ibanez and replaced them with humbuckers, it's an amazing difference. Single coil pickups are just not for me!

JohanHaellgren

Reaction score
Phew! Back from Poland. Didn't buy a pedal, although I bought a Uke..
Learnt to know a few new guys, and it seems like we are going to jam on thursday, should I bring my pedalboard? Fippling with pedals is not quite what I want to do, but we said that "Some Hendrix" would be fun..

Nick-O

Reaction score
This turned out to be an interesting purchase. I was not sure at first, but it soon became apparent how much depth this brought. Playing it out at volume was an eye opener. Hard to describe pedal though, adds richness if that makes sense.
I hesitate to call "keeper" too early on, but I am not fond of the tone without it on at the moment...and to be truth I was loving my tone before I plugged it in. Fickle...perhaps, but happy.

gbroadhurst

Reaction score
The Lex is nice but the Neo Mini Vent kicked the Lex's a$$. Sadly there are no controls to tweak on the vent which is a bit of a let down.
Try running slowish chorus into the Eventide Rotary and see if that helps any.

Shagnwagon

Reaction score
thinking of doing a little downsizing but upgrading some stuff. that immerse from neunaber looks pretty cool.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Lex is nice but the Neo Mini Vent kicked the Lex's a$$. Sadly there are no controls to tweak on the vent which is a bit of a let down.
Try running slowish chorus into the Eventide Rotary and see if that helps any.
I am thinking about the neo vent but it is huge. (If I am right, they do not make the mini anymore). I will probably just go with Eventide. I can get a third H9 and that can be set up for me to kick on and off the rotary at any time. All in all, there are only a few times when I stack more the two Eventide presets. The third H9 can also then function for comp/eq and dirt when needed.

I just wish the rotary had a little more bite to cut through a bit more.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
thinking of doing a little downsizing but upgrading some stuff. that immerse from neunaber looks pretty cool.
I was pretty excited when this one came out and I have been listening extensively to demos. The problems I spotted (for me at least) are:

All the reverbs seem to be variations on the same thing, more or less. Even the spring one...

The spring seems to be more of Brian's version of this sound, rather than an authentic recreation. Not a bad thing, per se.

None of the demos gave me a jaw- dropping sound. I don't know. The thing is, when I liaten to Bluesky demos, my jaw does hit the floor. And I like the fact that, except pre-delay, it also has the high & low damp eq thing.

Conclusion: I am leaning towards Bluesky.

Just a few thoughts, you know... :)

Brocko

Reaction score
I am thinking about the neo vent but it is huge. (If I am right, they do not make the mini anymore). I will probably just go with Eventide. I can get a third H9 and that can be set up for me to kick on and off the rotary at any time. All in all, there are only a few times when I stack more the two Eventide presets. The third H9 can also then function for comp/eq and dirt when needed.

I just wish the rotary had a little more bite to cut through a bit more.
One trick i used with the rotary is to run it into a panning delay, set to whatever speed you prefer. The rotary pedal gives the sound and the panning dealy gives that movement you get from a real rotary. It kind of works, but obviously requires a stereo set up with two amps.

Brocko

Reaction score
I was pretty excited when this one came out and I have been listening extensively to demos. The problems I spotted (for me at least) are:

All the reverbs seem to be variations on the same thing, more or less. Even the spring one...

The spring seems to be more of Brian's version of this sound, rather than an authentic recreation. Not a bad thing, per se.

None of the demos gave me a jaw- dropping sound. I don't know. The thing is, when I liaten to Bluesky demos, my jaw does hit the floor. And I like the fact that, except pre-delay, it also has the high & low damp eq thing.

BTW i havent forgotten about your pedal build.....just taking some time to get all the bits and plan things out!

Shagnwagon

Reaction score

Interesting! Ill have to do some comparisons!!

kboman

Reaction score
Anyone want a stupidly large pedalboard? It's 80*50 effective area, plus some change for the actual walls which aren't thin. Aluminium clad Rockcase thingy. Have fun paying for international shipping!

Just a thought, if anyone's interested :)

gbroadhurst

Reaction score
Switchblade GL. All I can say is WOW :D
The routing, summing, parallel, serial options are staggering

Now waiting on a 1U sliding shelf to sit my BuGGFX DMD-1 in with a Dawner Boonar. All delays and verbs will be in the rack

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sweet... I always wanted one of those. Now you can freely create any sound that is imaginable with out having to unplug and re-plug stuff. Matter of fact it is so cool, you made me think about this quote from Spinal Tap, "we toured the world and beyond".

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
I had originally dismissed this one due to the (also very recent) release of the Digitech Ricochet. But listening now closely... Hmmmmm... I wonder if there is the ability in the Toneprint editor to make the switch momentary, just for a specific Toneprint. And this demo made me miss the EQD Organizer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8OFwKwXiAk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8OFwKwXiAk[/ame]

AND it is more power-supply friendly than the Ricochet. Hmmmmm...... Damn it.

kboman

Reaction score
This needs to be posted on this forum!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmMAu5jY58[/ame]