Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

kboman

Reaction score
Damn, I was down to well below ten pedals on my board for a while, now it's gone out of control again! Time for the Flashback to get repurposed again I think, much as I like it.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You could share some pics of the presets you come up with :D
I really want to get into sharing H9/Eventide presets. I even started a thread here for doing that. I am a bit busy (with my internship and class load).

Here are pics for the first sound off the Herman's Wombtone demo (being a trem and phase, I had to use two H9s. Since you have both an Eclipse and an H9 that should be easy for you. If I remember right the Modfactor algorithms are in the Eclipse. also If you dial the sound in better, feel free to share. I am not getting the same vowel likeness as the Wombtone. Peace) :

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Here is the demo vid for reference:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhLP-7ZXtEg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhLP-7ZXtEg[/ame]

Brocko

Reaction score
Just bought a Boss VB-2W and also broke an unwritten rule of mine not to buy a pedal I have previously owned....but in this case it's worth it - Pigtronix Envelope Phaser

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
... some of those pigtronix pedal are so cool ... I have been hanging onto a couple of pigtronix pedals even though I am just using my H9s in place of them. Matter of fact, I sold my fulltone trem and kept my pigtronix tremvelope. The fulltone sounded a bit better but the pigtronix was super fun (and also sounded great).

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'll give them a try bede. Will also try the same on the Eclipse
Just to be clear: I am stacking the trem into the phaser to get that first sound. The Evdentide is not as vocal as the Wombtone so as the phaser rides up and reaches the apex/apogee, it does not shine through as well as the wombtone. I added some eq (notched down in the lower mids and notched up in the higher mids) in the pedal chain to correct a little for that. Still not 100%.

If you can get the sound better/closer please share. I think it has to do with the core nature of the pedals (Chase Bliss vrs. Eventide). The Eventide sound has a nice mid so sometimes it is hard to get the high sizzle. The upside is that Eventide sits so well in mixes, enough forwardness to be heard but not so hyped to be fatiguing.

I wonder of that is a bit of an archaic outlook by Eventide due to the complexities and freedom of vst/plug ins yet, Eventide has its own sound and that is in part why I dig them so much.

2009LPGT

Reaction score
IMO, the use of Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" in the early sequences of Zombieland was a stroke of genius...just sayin'!

Those visuals with that music makes me want to run it on a loop!:laugh2::laugh2:

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
IMO, the use of Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" in the early sequences of Zombieland was a stroke of genius...just sayin'!

Those visuals with that music makes me want to run it on a loop!:laugh2::laugh2:
If I am reading my feelings right, you are scaring me.

Kalz

Reaction score
I had to do a solo for someone in a song they wrote in Ab.... I almost murdered him. I ended up just tuning my guitar to Eb standard and playing relatively in A.

kboman

Reaction score
I usually just upload to my Google photos and link from there. Like this photo of my pedalboard today:

Guitar - Zap Machine - rest of board - Ibanez line selector - loop/rack section - amp. Exp pedal for CT5 expression.

The Daydream pedal is quite the thing! The Daydream delays are obviously the stars of the show and bring a unique flavour to my sound. Today I've mainly had it set to shimmer mode which certainly has its uses. Note: this is a prototype/first run example loaded with a lot more crap than the final version will have :D

Roman4405

Reaction score
**** it, just turn your heads sideways.

I know I said recently that I was done with my drive stuff buuutttt...I may have a problem. I just wasn't perfectly happy with the Marvel Drive, it does the high gain stuff better than just about anything else I've tried but I prefer lower gain pedals stacked. The SYOD stacked with the Black 65 or with the Katana in front of it sounds great for higher gain and it sounds awesome for the mid-low gain stuff. I'm pretty much using the Black 65 as an almost clean boost-eq with just a bit of dirt. And of course the Bugg fuzz sounds awesome with all of them.

Pretty happy right now. Next I'm thinking I need a volume pedal and a Keeley Vibe o Verb, I'm really impressed with the Keeley stuff, never paid it too much attention before.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Super cool boards Kboman and Roman. I love the gold pedal with many knobs. It looks phat. Roman that board is seriously tasty: style and tone.

As I search for a new OD or Dirt or Fuzz pedal to obsess on, I realized how much I like hitting certain fuzzes with the guitar volume on low. Does anyone make a fuzz that has a input gain and a makeup gain? That way I could get that dirtyish sound and only have to step on the bypass switch.

Roman4405

Reaction score
Thanks Bede, I really do get some great tones out of it right now. And what I really like is that all of the dirt/boost/fuzz pedals sound great in any combination, even all of them on at once.

My future plans include a PT Jr, an Alter Ego X4, a Keeley Vibe o Verb and a Keeley Dynatrem. Screw the volume pedal, that's what God made knobs for.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Deja-Vibe has landed. :) Sounds about the same as my last one but digging the small footprint. As far as sound, I like the Deja with this rig more then the one I was using when I had the last Deja.