Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Brocko

Reaction score
I have my eye on that one. The whole univibe thing is crazy because perfection is based on a mythical past. It is easy for me to get sucked into the desire to own the "best" pedal.

The real question is use. Can I live with a fulltone. I did and I knew no better. I felt like I was hendrix/trower crossing a bridge under fire by machine guns.

Mike Hermans demo of The Depths make it desirable but I am not hearing the tone I want. I like The Depths a lot because it seems like you can do a lot of trippy stuff with it. It is high on my list because of that and if I found one used for a good price I would be very tempted.

The Fulltone sounds just a little mild and not as focused (clarity) as I would like. The good thing is there are a bunch of used ones floating around and the price is not crazy.

The effectrode is good but large and expensive.

If money was not important my first choice would be the Mayer. Yes, it is way too large but it has so many dials.

So far the best univibes (I have heard from demonstrations) have a clarity to them and a throb.

The best solution is to buy both The Depths and the Fulltone. (I just want to express, I do not belong here with you guys because my pedal purchase are never crazy).
No expression input on The Depths.

I am getting another Mayer soon - the Aquavibe is nice but i miss the throb of the Mayer - nothing else i have tried comes that close. Yes it is big but remember you also get a badass tremolo as well - seriously one of, if not THE best photocell tremolos i have heard.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here is my overall experience with the Strymon Lex: really picky with what come after the pedal.

The Lex has a bit of a clear sound with a little hype in the high end. If I put any type of delay or verb that is bright after it, the Lex loses that sense of depth. It is like someone scooped all the frosting off of the cakes and then gave me the sadly mangled piece. The more I tame the high end after the Lex, the better the Lex sounds. There is good and bad to this problem. I still have to mess around with stuff. There could be great and easy work arounds or I could just abandon any delay or verb when I Lex out. Since the Lex is so beautiful by itself, I could see myself living with the latter with out feeling bummed.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
... also my brain keeps saying "fulltone deja-vibe is good enough"... I can get a used one for not too much. I have almost bought one a few times.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I say go for the Deja-Vibe, I am sure you know this, but Fulltone does a great job with their pedals and I love the their Tremolo pedal.
Switch thank you for cosigning my insanity. :) (I say this as a happy joke and not meant to be serious or underhanded).

The funny thing is my dots (...) were only there because I had wrote a sarcastic and negative assessment of the upcoming election (something about oligarchs) but I could not stay general enough due to some circumstances that I believe are different then typical.

However, I will utilize your statement help find ful-tonal-fillment in a nice deja-vibe.

(Now I am a bit obsessed on Chase Bliss stuff not as a replacement to a univibe but because they are really cool pedals).

switchback

Reaction score
Switch thank you for cosigning my insanity. :) (I say this as a happy joke and not meant to be serious or underhanded).

The funny thing is my dots (...) were only there because I had wrote a sarcastic and negative assessment of the upcoming election (something about oligarchs) but I could not stay general enough due to some circumstances that I believe are different then typical.

However, I will utilize your statement help find ful-tonal-fillment in a nice deja-vibe.

(Now I am a bit obsessed on Chase Bliss stuff not as a replacement to a univibe but because they are really cool pedals).
Ah, I see well feel free to express. Frankly, I am embarrassed about our current representatives, our nation can do way better in terms of behavior. :hmm: I would hope :fingersx:

I'll have to check out Chase Bliss :thumb:

Don't you mean "enabling" your insanity, that is what I am here for. How else could we keep this forum alive :D

Good luck on the quest :naughty:

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I did it. I bought the deja vibe. It cost $130 in total so not a bad price.

2009LPGT

Reaction score
Just posted in a thread other than this one. Been a LOOOONNNGGGG time since that happened! :)

Quill

Reaction score
Let me help you fine people out with your Chase Bliss interest. This demo vid of the CBA chorus gives a nice breakdown of the controls - especially of the Ramp knob and what all the dip-switches are about. I don't have this pedal but the control system is similiar across all the CBA pedals, and the controls are excellent, logical and I find them easy to understand and use, funny how CBA stuff seems far simpler to me than most other pedals with far fewer controls. These two videos helped me get started sorting out the ones I do have, a lot:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrngrU8PG9E[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32qrmB103ao[/ame]

I've already put links up to some demos of the new delay in TWO other threads, that's enough about that I think.

I don't know what the availability of the flanger is like, but the trem (with both standard AND harmonic trem functions) and the phaser are fairly easy to get and I gotta tell ya the phaser is wonderful

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaSYLBKmNXQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=relJmQjZsHM[/ame]

Ok! come on, let's go

Quill

Reaction score
I'm saying too much about Chase Bliss stuff ~ ok, ok ~ that's enough ~ you guys ~ talk amongst yourselves!

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Chase bliss stuff looks awesome. If I was not in deep with eventide, Chase bliss would be what I planed my whole board around. As I see it, three presets per phaser, flanger, chorus, and trem is probably enough for most uses.

Since my funds are limited, I have been listening to Mike Hermans demonstration of the Wombtone and using that to dial in some cool sounds with my eventide pedals.