Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey St. Bede have you tried Earthquaker devices "The Depths" Supposed to be a killer pedal :naughty:
I have my eye on that one. The whole univibe thing is crazy because perfection is based on a mythical past. It is easy for me to get sucked into the desire to own the "best" pedal.

The real question is use. Can I live with a fulltone. I did and I knew no better. I felt like I was hendrix/trower crossing a bridge under fire by machine guns.

Mike Hermans demo of The Depths make it desirable but I am not hearing the tone I want. I like The Depths a lot because it seems like you can do a lot of trippy stuff with it. It is high on my list because of that and if I found one used for a good price I would be very tempted.

The Fulltone sounds just a little mild and not as focused (clarity) as I would like. The good thing is there are a bunch of used ones floating around and the price is not crazy.

The effectrode is good but large and expensive.

If money was not important my first choice would be the Mayer. Yes, it is way too large but it has so many dials.

So far the best univibes (I have heard from demonstrations) have a clarity to them and a throb.

The best solution is to buy both The Depths and the Fulltone. (I just want to express, I do not belong here with you guys because my pedal purchase are never crazy).

gbroadhurst

Reaction score
Uni-vibes are hard to replicate. The fact that a lamp and photocell are used and these pedals are pure analog makes them hard for DSP writers to put together algorithms.

Dry bell Vibe machine is another good vibe that is also a reasonable size

Kalz

Reaction score
Voodoolab Micro Vibe is still on the table :p ALSO, I totally forgot about the Wilson Effects Haze and Uber Haze. Those things sound pretty good, maybe check them out? I know the Haze is up on my list.

2009LPGT

Reaction score
Welcome back Switch!!

Purchased 3 pedals, Boss tuner, BD2 Waza and DM2 Waza. I decided I needed a very light and fast board for these open mikes I am doing these days. I don't need many sounds for what we are doing but set up and take down speed is everything!

It is always f'n somethin'! (not to mention, I have wanted the Waza delay since it came out and was waiting for a rationalization! :) )

switchback

Reaction score
I have my eye on that one. The whole univibe thing is crazy because perfection is based on a mythical past. It is easy for me to get sucked into the desire to own the "best" pedal.

The real question is use. Can I live with a fulltone. I did and I knew no better. I felt like I was hendrix/trower crossing a bridge under fire by machine guns.

Mike Hermans demo of The Depths make it desirable but I am not hearing the tone I want. I like The Depths a lot because it seems like you can do a lot of trippy stuff with it. It is high on my list because of that and if I found one used for a good price I would be very tempted.

The Fulltone sounds just a little mild and not as focused (clarity) as I would like. The good thing is there are a bunch of used ones floating around and the price is not crazy.

The effectrode is good but large and expensive.

If money was not important my first choice would be the Mayer. Yes, it is way too large but it has so many dials.

So far the best univibes (I have heard from demonstrations) have a clarity to them and a throb.

The best solution is to buy both The Depths and the Fulltone. (I just want to express, I do not belong here with you guys because my pedal purchase are never crazy).
Spoken like a TRUE Addict :applause: :thumb:

switchback

Reaction score
Welcome back Switch!!

Purchased 3 pedals, Boss tuner, BD2 Waza and DM2 Waza. I decided I needed a very light and fast board for these open mikes I am doing these days. I don't need many sounds for what we are doing but set up and take down speed is everything!

It is always f'n somethin'! (not to mention, I have wanted the Waza delay since it came out and was waiting for a rationalization! :) )
Thanks LP great to see you, how do you like the Waza's ? Congrats on the new pedals. I have been using the Carl Martin Red Repeat for delay as of late. Awesome pedal!

switchback

Reaction score
Uni-vibes are hard to replicate. The fact that a lamp and photocell are used and these pedals are pure analog makes them hard for DSP writers to put together algorithms.

Dry bell Vibe machine is another good vibe that is also a reasonable size
Well put, the DSP wizards are getting better every day but to my ears analog can be difficult to replicate particularly in complex algorithms. So I usually stay analog, although I am not a SNOB about it....." Hey, get that digital piece of crap away from me!"......... ooooooops sorry about that! :D

switchback

Reaction score
Voodoolab Micro Vibe is still on the table :p ALSO, I totally forgot about the Wilson Effects Haze and Uber Haze. Those things sound pretty good, maybe check them out? I know the Haze is up on my list.
Hi Kalz, Wilson effects are great, what do you like about the Haze? I wasn't too crazy about the Micro vibe myself.

gball

Reaction score
Thanks LP great to see you, how do you like the Waza's ? Congrats on the new pedals. I have been using the Carl Martin Red Repeat for delay as of late. Awesome pedal!
I'm curious too. I have been on a bit of a Boss kick of late and I have decided to build up a second pedalboard using one of their BCB-60 boards and all Boss pedals and I need something else interesting for it.

In useless pedal news, I got a Boss AD-3 Dynamic Wah. No way I can think of to actually use the thing in a song, but it is crazy, giddy fun just noodling around with it.

switchback

Reaction score
I'm curious too. I have been on a bit of a Boss kick of late and I have decided to build up a second pedalboard using one of their BCB-60 boards and all Boss pedals and I need something else interesting for it.

In useless pedal news, I got a Boss AD-3 Dynamic Wah. No way I can think of to actually use the thing in a song, but it is crazy, giddy fun just noodling around with it.
HA, the AD-3 forgot about that one, had it a loooooooooooong time ago before I had an (uh-hum) addiction. I Remember it was fun, not very practical.

switchback

Reaction score
Ok, so I just got my Mesa Flux Five. Pics and such will follow :)

Here is my initial take on it, my signal chain is ME, guitar, wah, tuner, Flux Five, Delay and finally last but not least the wonderful ADA GCS-2 Cab simulator. The reason the Flux Five is so important to me is because it has the 5 band eq aboard. Which adds to the fiddling and shaping of my never ending tone quest. Is it the be all end all pedal no, but for my purposes it is the perfect fix.

more later !

2009LPGT

Reaction score
Austin (and any other country music fans) don't miss the Stagecoach 2016 Festival live stream. Its free, go to Yahoo, should be at the top of the homepage.