Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Kalz

Reaction score
Ok, since I just sold my Mobius I can kind of touch on this haha. I think the strong points of the mobius is when using a relatively clean signal. The modulation definitely stands out but when dirt is added it kind of tucks away just a tiny tiny bit. Also, the mod is good but it just misses that slight something. I think the mobius has the 'timeline' syndrome. While the mods are good, when compared to the stand-alone unit, the stand alone is better.

Sadly, I did not use the pre/post function as I like having my modulation after dirt.

Brocko

Reaction score
The Strymon Lex is great and compared to Eventide's rotary, the Lex kills. Another weakness of Eventide's modulation pedal is univibe. My experience with Lex, has me wondering about a few things.

Does the Mobius contain the same rotary algorithm as the Lex?
How does the Mobius vibe algorithm compare to excellent univibe pedals?
I preferred the H9 rotary to the Mobius. Haven't heard the Lex so not sure in that front.

The Mobius univibe isn't great - compared to a 'proper' univibe pedal it sounds weak. It just loses some of that high end clarity, which makes it sound a bit mushy. It's quite dark so it sounds better before dirt and and stage volume, when the amp naturally gets a bit brighter.

JohanHaellgren

Reaction score

NPD! Im not really interested in Phasers, but for 40 bucks I figured What the hell! If its not my piece of cake i can surely sell it for more than I paid or (more likely) pass it on to my brother.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for your responses: Kalz and Brocko.

I preferred the H9 rotary to the Mobius. Haven't heard the Lex so not sure in that front.

The Mobius univibe isn't great - compared to a 'proper' univibe pedal it sounds weak. It just loses some of that high end clarity, which makes it sound a bit mushy. It's quite dark so it sounds better before dirt and and stage volume, when the amp naturally gets a bit brighter.
... that is interesting, maybe you can dial things in better then me (which would not surprise me), maybe I just prefer one type of sound over another, or maybe the Lex is different then the rotary in the Mobius (that would fit what Kalz is saying).

To my ears there is a difference between the Eventide Factor pedals and the H9 but it is not significant enough to lessen the coolness of the H9 in any way.

What are your thoughts about Eventide's vibe?

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i really liked the Lex - but as with the mobius, the lack of an explicit Dry/Wet control messed me up. The humble Boss RT-20 was the ideal rotary pedal for me, and i sold it.

mind you, i sold the lex and the mobius as well.

i sell things.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
... and you buy things so you are doing great.

Me, I tend to horde gear. That is probably worse but I do get to go to my pedal crate and/or pedal desk drawer and pull out pedals pretending to be GC.

Another good thing happens when I should go home and practice and think about going to GC instead: I just tell myself "I am GC" and then drive home.

(Good to hear from you Austin :)).

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
... and you buy things so you are doing great.

Me, I tend to horde gear. That is probably worse but I do get to go to my pedal crate and/or pedal desk drawer and pull out pedals pretending to be GC.

Another good thing happens when I should go home and practice and think about going to GC instead: I just tell myself "I am GC" and then drive home.

(Good to hear from you Austin :)).
i'm actually starting to hoard MIJ Boss pedals and this is making me nervous

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i'm actually starting to hoard MIJ Boss pedals and this is making me nervous
... as far a pedals go, they are so cute, little cherubs of sonic mayhem ...

I am thinking that I should just get this pedal and deal with board size issues later:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtW_BawdnPs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtW_BawdnPs[/ame]

Nick-O

Reaction score
I thought my board was too big when I moved up a size but it has been an ongoing struggle to get enough room. I don't like the fact that my purchases have to take dimensions into account almost over everything. Still....good reason to change up I suppose.

Roman4405

Reaction score
I'm thinking I need to move the AD9 and get a delay with more options, maybe a FlashBack or Alter Ego X4. I like the idea of having a few different delay options to choose from with separate footswitches, of course it's roughly the size of a pool table so...

Brocko

Reaction score
What are your thoughts about Eventide's vibe?
it doesn't have anything it specifically calls a vibe does it? It is a setting on the vibrato.

Its ok but not a patch on a reall univibe. FOr me, there is no substitute for a good quality vibe pedal.

You can get a passable one for live work, but it lacks that cutting high end.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Nick-O

Reaction score
gbroadhurst, are there any sound clips of that BuGG pedal you have on your avatar?