Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Brocko

Reaction score
My 2nd Boss ES-8 has gone wrong again with EXACTLY the same problem. Moral of the story seems to be new Boss stuff can no longer be trusted.

Kalz

Reaction score
what happens if you scratch out "BOSS" and sharpie in "Strymon"?

Brocko

Reaction score
Got it replaced - fortunately there is a new consumer act in the UK which meant they had to replace it. They were pretty good about it actually.

Hoping this one is fine and it was just a specific batch that was wrong.

gbroadhurst

Reaction score
Got it replaced - fortunately there is a new consumer act in the UK which meant they had to replace it. They were pretty good about it actually.

Hoping this one is fine and it was just a specific batch that was wrong.
Nice! :thumb:

kboman

Reaction score
Ok. Tc Electronic Triple Delay. I'm starting to feel like it's the one for me after all... Any users here? Hec?

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
Ok. Tc Electronic Triple Delay. I'm starting to feel like it's the one for me after all... Any users here? Hec?

Still on my board, bro. Let me put it this way: it does everything I have ever wanted a delay pedal to do and that's without even mentioning the Toneprint Editor (for which I really don't have the time to go deep into).

All the main sounds I can ask for, all the subdivisions I can ask for, all the delay stacking abilities, all the rhythmic patterns you can think of, the whole nine yards.

What it is not, is a live delay pedal. No presets, no switching from one delay sound to another (you need at least 2 taps to switch).

But... as a studio tool, it's magic. I would highly recommended it to anyone looking to create majestic delay sounds in his home / studio and experiment.

Perhaps you will be irritated by the fact that you cannot store banks of sounds. Especially due to it's immense capabilities. What you create today, it will be gone tomorrow if you overwrite on your presets. But the moment you create a great sound, maaaan, it's really satisfying.

Great delay pedal.

kboman

Reaction score
Eh, presets... I'll live :) It looks just fine for live use to me, I guess it comes down to how you use it.

I just realised today how much I love the sound of my regular little Flashback that's been chugging away with no interruptions for years now. When I bought it from the boyfriend of a friend the thing had only been on the market for like six months or so - it's actually delivered even more consistently than my DMB! So, big as the f¤#er is, I'll probably just have to get a Triple Delay.

Belvedere

Reaction score
About tc electronic delay pedals: I just stacked a flashback and an alter ego v2 on my main pedalboard atm. So many sounds I can experiment for years...

gbroadhurst

Reaction score
This came today, but I fear it is slightly ill. Need to do some more testing to find the cause of an intermittent volume drop. Grrrrrrr and yay!!

Quill

Reaction score
I learned this much:

1. Crying does fix things
2. Give presents to jerks
3. Triple delay: nice

I did not learn:

1. Can it be set up with and/or controlled with MIDI?
2. How do you ... what was, um ... huh?

I would like to try the delay from Chase Bliss. I get the Chase Bliss controls. I have fun with them. I feel smarter after playing with them, capable of doing things I couldn't do before. TC pedals, going way back to the square black boxes in the '80s to the current Toneprint stuff, I sit with them and try and try and just feel lonely and stupid. I hate that.

But that's ok, it's not like it's a test or anything. (Or is it? IS IT???:hmm::wow:) I love to hear the amazing things other people do with them.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
talking about tc, anyone really try or get a hypergravity yet...

lately I have been using either reverse delays or verbs to stack with a delay or verb: ie, reverse delay into normal verb or normal delay into a reverse verb.

getting some cool results that are very musically useful.

kboman

Reaction score
talking about tc, anyone really try or get a hypergravity yet...

lately I have been using either reverse delays or verbs to stack with a delay or verb: ie, reverse delay into normal verb or normal delay into a reverse verb.

getting some cool results that are very musically useful.
Yes!

I set the Flashback to reverse and mixed it low and used another delay as a "main" delay a bit upstream. Excellent stuff. The Flashback is now the only on-board delay so it's more conventionally configured with a kind of murky analog-ish toneprint (and I honestly can't remember which one) that I really, really like.

Kbo, consider me interested if your getting rid of the Flashback :)
Not gonna happen :)

Brocko

Reaction score
Was contacted by Boss - have to say, very nice response (i'm getting a free compact stompbox of my choise from them - went for an HS-6 - he would have given me a VB-2W but there are all with the dealers). Without going into too much detail, they mentioned that the guitar side of things is realtively small in terms of staffing, made up of a lot of guitar players and enthusiasts.

Probably explains why they are coming up with a lot of innovative and relevant products. Also the tech guys get flooded by a lot of idiots saying stuff doesn't work cos the batteries are dead or their patch leads are broken.

Nice to know Boss has a heart inside that big corporate exterior.

My faith in Boss has been restored.

JohanHaellgren

Reaction score

Current pedalboard state! Thursday its time to pick up the Deja Vibe and my Beano Boost should arrive on friday. Im also really really happy with the route for the PSU. On the picture, im glueing on some risers to get a better angle.