Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

StandingWave

Reaction score
PSA (US only): 20% off of Mangan string orders through 20 Oct. Code: DECADE20.

Brocko

Reaction score
Just finished my strat rewire. Switch to have the neck and bridge in series works great. It is like a secret humbucker!

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Snares, how is the Bridge on the Mascis? It looks super spacey :cool:
I love it. Bear in mind that this was a tuneomatic bridge until this afternoon, and all I did was pull it off and drop the new bridge onto the existing poles. The preset radius is perfect, the strings are slightly further in from the fingerboard edges... Yeah. Love it.

Brocko

Reaction score
Would that be the little Gilmour switch?
No, the gilmour switch just allows you to run the neck and bridge in parallel ( like the 2 and 4 settings). I have one of thos too :)

This switch changes it so the neck runs in series into the bridge. It's not a humbucker as the coils aren't reversed, but it sounds very similar.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No, the gilmour switch just allows you to run the neck and bridge in parallel ( like the 2 and 4 settings). I have one of thos too :)

This switch changes it so the neck runs in series into the bridge. It's not a humbucker as the coils aren't reversed, but it sounds very similar.
Getting close to Brian May tonez here!

dickjonesify

Reaction score
This is a 2-track recording from our console last Sunday that I "mastered". Pardon the religious content. Just wanted you to hear a bit of my new amp :dude: You can skip to the bridge around 3:10 but the whole song is good ;)

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/dickjonesify/i-surrender-all-as-performed-by-citizens-saints[/sc]

Guitar doesn't come in until 3:00 except for the "pad" you hear right from the start. That's my SuperEgo :thumb:

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I bought a SP comp, sounds great. (Definitely a Ross sounding comp. Yes I miss the squeezer a bit but the SP is just too nice).

The way things were set with the comp and my HBE Detox EQ, things were not working for my Rat. Granted I do not really dial in a lot of saturation on the Rat. When I tried that, the SP and the Rat were great together (compared to other comp and dirt box combination, I have used in the past). I pulled the Rat off the board and put on my Pork Lion. The PL has never sounded this good.

I will take a pic when I get a chance.

Batman

Reaction score
On my last stretch of work in Toronto, I aquired a used Lexicon PCM-81 multi effects unit. It's got that legendary lush sounding Lexi reverb aĺong with a highly tweakable delay; it's an excellent addition to my rack! It's going to take spoke time coming to grips with programming it but.....

I spent yesterday rebuilding the rack both to accommodate the new unit and also to eliminate a ground hum that I inadvertently introduced when I assembled the rack the first time. All of the units in the rack need to be isolated from each other via the mounting rail so I remounted everything with some isolation washers to prevent direct contact with the rail. The only common ground should be the ground leg of the power cable at the power conditioner.

First I installed all of the rack units with isolation washers on both sides of the rack ears.

Next was to tidy up the power cables; I cut them all to length and installed new male connectors.

Then make all of the electrical, MIDI and signal path connections.

Then it's play, test and reprogram all of my patches. I had to problem solve a signal path issue. After chasing wires and confirming proper connections I eventually tracked it down to one pedal with its level set to zero.

Batman

Reaction score
After some experimenting, the new Lexi needs to be in the loop (buffered parallel loop) to sound best while the G Major needs to be out front. I adjusted the signal path and it now sounds very nice!

The signal path is as follows (all effects except the G Major and the PCM-81 are in loops of the GCX or a pedal switcher)

Guitar In on the GCX (Buffered input) --> Tuner --> Aphex Compressor --> Small Stone --> Zendog --> D*A*M Sonic Titan clone --> Iron Bell --> Buffall FX Patriot/EQ --> Super Duper clone --> Flanger --> Chorus --> G Major --> SDD-3KP --> amp in --> effects send --> PCM-81 --> effects return

The two multi effects units give rise to some very interesting possibilities for delay --> reverb, reverb --> delay, reverb --> reverb, parallel delays and series delay.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
Bats, how do you like the Zendog? Sorry, if you have posted a review elsewhere, but I have unsubscribed from both threads about Josh's pedals.

Batman

Reaction score
Bats, how do you like the Zendog? Sorry, if you have posted a review elsewhere, but I have unsubscribed from both threads about Josh's pedals.
Short version is that I don't. I'll PM you the details as there has already been far too many electrons wasted on this topic.

Brocko

Reaction score
I need to be (physically) restrained from purchasing a Vox Straight 6 OD pedal.