Peavey Wolfgang Standard vs EVH Wolfgang Special

metalmike222

Reaction score
I borrowed a friend's EVH Wolfgang Special for a couple of weeks and did a shootout video with my Peavey Wolfgang Standard. Spoiler alert... the Special hung in with the Standard REALLY well...

revtime

Reaction score
I have a 2010 wolfgang special MIJ. Birdseye board, SS frets, USA pickups. Basically a USA special without the carve top.

KS 5150

Reaction score
I have an EVH WG Special after having a couple of Peavey's in the past. IMO, the EVH is a better player :)

metalmike222

Reaction score
That's fair. The two guitars felt and sounded mostly identical to me. The Peavey just had a nicer overall feel to it for me.

hbucker

Reaction score
Not shocking at all that the EVH would hang with the PV. They're basically the same guitar with modifications. The necks definitely feel different and the pickups are different, which makes it automatic (IMO) that one might prefer one over the other. I tend to like the EVH pickups better across all amp types. But my PV pickups sound fantastic through my 5150 III. I prefer the neck on my PV, but that's not to say I dislike the EVH. If forced, I'd probably take the PV neck.

As to which one "wins" is totally up to the preferences of the person playing them. Both guitars are awesome.

metalmike222

Reaction score
Agreed. The Peavey neck just feels nicer to me overall, but they're both great guitars. To my ear, I couldn't hear any difference at all in the pickups going through my 5150 III 50 watt.

Latest Threads