peavey jsx head trade?

space

Reaction score
Hey all,
Someone offered me a trade for my Gibson LP Special for their JSX head
I dont have much knowledge on the head so I am not sure if its a good deal or not
I would like to get an ol school marshall style head (Allman Bros, Yardbirds etc) but I dont know if the JSX would deliver
T

EndGame00

Reaction score
I wouldn't even consider it.. Peavy half-assed the design, so Satriani jumped ship to Marshall....

space

Reaction score
EG,
Thats the insight I was looking for
Thanks for the quick response

slaveunit

Reaction score
The JSX is a killer amp but it doesn't sound like an older Marshall at all.

Drew1986

Reaction score
These are great amps but I wouldn't trade for it. Joe only used the clean channel of the amp. He used his Vox distortion pedal for his overdrive sounds. There's a video on YouTube of his tech talking about this. You can pick them up pretty reasonably...$500-$600 for a nice clean one.

indeedido

Reaction score
I had one for several years. Awesome amp. Can take EL34 or 6L6. Three channels super clean, crunchy and lead. Hot rodded Marshall tone all day. Joe is a pedal whore anyway, he used pedals on his Marshall 6100!Nothing half assed about the design, it's a great amp.

EndGame00

Reaction score
There's a very good reason why Joe left Peavey for Marshall: He wasn't happy with the end product.. He felt there were some things need to be tweaked in the amp and Peavey engineers didn't listen... So he took his endorsement elsewhere... Fast forward to 2012... Peavey is still broke as ****e... No big-name artist(s) want to endorse them...

So, no I wouldn't consider trading your lester for a JSX...

slaveunit

Reaction score
There's a very good reason why Joe left Peavey for Marshall: He wasn't happy with the end product.. He felt there were some things need to be tweaked in the amp and Peavey engineers didn't listen... So he took his endorsement elsewhere... Fast forward to 2012... Peavey is still broke as ****e... No big-name artist(s) want to endorse them...

So, no I wouldn't consider trading your lester for a JSX...

Do you really think that endorsements have to do with the actual product... No. It's all about money. Is the op of this thread Joe? Then who cares if Joe likes the amp? Who cares how broke a company is? Who cares who they endorse.

Since Joe is endorsed by Marshall maybe he should buy an mg100. Why not... It's a Marshall and they have money and endorse lots of artists.

EndGame00

Reaction score
Do you really think that endorsements have to do with the actual product... No. It's all about money. Is the op of this thread Joe? Then who cares if Joe likes the amp? Who cares how broke a company is? Who cares who they endorse.

Since Joe is endorsed by Marshall maybe he should buy an mg100. Why not... It's a Marshall and they have money and endorse lots of artists.

It does...the JSX was the Satriani model... The amp was supposedly built for him and marketed under Joe's name... But the JSX was not done based on Joe's specs, and when he suggested some tweaks needed, Peavey covered their ears.... So he walked and went to Marshall - the JVM JS was born, and a smaller-watt Satriani prototype is being developed....

Back to OP.... I wouldn't do the trade... Keep the lester, and get a used/stock 1959...

Latest Threads