Peavey Delta Blues 15 are 210

G.L. Mitchell

Reaction score
A DB 15 and 210 has been offer to me at a decent price, $250.00 my choice. Both are in mint condition, this guy I know had them in his music room and is moving. Which do you feel would play the cleanest, I have ask this question in the Peavey forum not much response. I use a Les Paul and strat. I like it as clean as I can get it with good reverb. I was even thinking the DB 15 and swapping out the speaker for a 15 Black Widow. The only effects I use if I use any are a Head Rush E2 by Akai, and a TC Chorus. What do you think of these two amps, and my idea of the 15in Black Widow swap. Are maybe buy neither.:hmm:

Splattle101

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I love 10s, so if I were being conservative in my buying I'd go the 2x10 route. Ten inch speakers have a punch and tightness to them that I like. However, I really like the idea of the 15" speaker in this type of amp.

So the advice is really to go and play them and see which one begs to come home with you.

G.L. Mitchell

Reaction score
Right now I am not working, can't afford both. But I am leaning toward the 15, and thinking about swapping it out with the Black Widow. I sure like in the old days my ES335 are my Les Paul tru them old pedal steel amps with the BW 15s are the JBLs 15. And a real lush reverb to me that was good sound depending what you were playing. Where I am at now I play alot of Blues and some gigs old country like Faron Young and Jim Reeves. I also play every Sunday worship contempary. I use to play Christain Metal but not in to all the distortion now. If I use any distortion think Gary Moore are Santana. But clean and lush reverb for me and a Gibson. I also play bass everyother Sunday.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You could get the 2x10 version and then try to hunt down a Peavey 115e extension cab

rockguitar41

Reaction score
Get the 15. I have the 15 with a 4x10 extension cab, and it rocks, but lots of times when bringing my amp somewhere i use just the 15 combo. It sounds great on its own, I'd really go for that one over a 2x10 model.

Reaction score
The 15 for sure. However, as much as I don't like to admit it. I liked the peavey classic 30 more than the delta blues. I used to own the classic 30 and the cleans were amazing as was the overdrive.

G Man

Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to play the 2x10, but I own the 115 and it will do what you are looking for it to do.

Latest Threads