Pearly Gates makeover NGD

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Hi everyone

EDIT:

Andy Stidoms, who formally owned/operated Badmojo Vintage Makeovers is an absolute thief. Do not send this crook your guitar, you WILL NOT get it back. A special place in hell resides for Andy and folks like him.

Last edited:

Truth011

Reaction score
A STUNNING BEAUTY! The top carve is one of the best I've seen. How is the neck?
Do you know the neck dimensions?

ESchmidt

Reaction score

Truth011

Reaction score
The neck was listed as “59 historic spec” in the spec sheet. Here is a link to the original listing at CME. I believe it may have the Carmelita neck and top carve as those were specs of this run.

Looks like a keeper. Play the hell out of it.
:cheers:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks outstanding! Andy does great work. The logo was a really nice touch. Congrats on having it back and going for exactly you wanted!

DanD

Reaction score
All I can say is wow! Awesome work and it turned out far better then when it left Gibson.

Congrats! :cheers:

Netwarrior

Reaction score
I'm just curious … How were you able to source all those 1950s original parts?

ESchmidt

Reaction score
A company in Chicago, Vintage Correct Parts was very helpful in sourcing all of these parts. A few I was able to get through Reverb as well.

BadMojo

Reaction score
I just wanted to drop in and thank the MLP community for being so kind. I appreciate all the love. Working with Eric on this project has been a blast!

Kudos to James at ReWind his PAFs are amazing! If you guys/gals are ever in the market for a killer sounding pickup, I’d give him a call.

douglennon

Reaction score
I am tempted!
The only thing I am not into to my CC#7 is the factory finish, it just doesn't have that vintage glassy, plasticizer-free type of look. Definitely going to work with Bad Mojo soon:dude:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Eric, that is an ABSOLUTELY amazing guitar! Truly special. Every square inch is jaw dropping.

Kudos to James at ReWind his PAFs are amazing! If you guys/gals are ever in the market for a killer sounding pickup, I’d give him a call.
Thank you very much, Andy. I've been impressed by your work, as well, and this guitar is a perfect example to why!

Magnets And Melodies

Reaction score
Dude... this is insane..... it looks amazing. That's a ton of work to it. They did a great job, thanks for sharing!!!

Also, I can just imagine how great the guitar already was before you even got started on the makeover.

I own CME70061 and it's one of the best guitars I've ever played in my life...

Latest Threads