Paylessguitar BUSTED :

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Counterfeit Guitar Bust Yields 861 Gibson Fakes, Ends with Prison Sentence

FULL STORY​

Years of efforts on the part of the Gibson, the Electric Guitar Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition (EGACC) – which consists of Fender, Gretsch, Ibanez and Paul Reed Smith – and Chinese legal authorities paid off, leading to the sentencing of Li Dan.

Musoland2.jpg

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
YAY!!!

wonder if those yayhoo's on that other gibson
forum know about this (you know the ones that brag
about owning one of these fakes)

ledfree

Reaction score
The trouble is, there is ten like her ready to take her place.

yllsacky

Reaction score
NOO THERE IS 1,338,612,968 like her ready to take her place

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
story_counterfeit05.jpg

story_counterfeit04.jpg

story_counterfeit06.jpg

So will authorities be going after the customers on the shipping/buying lists that no doubt were seized in the raid?
Might be time for some of these fake owners to get rid of their guitars.:hmm:

dennistruckdriver

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
....wonder if those yayhoo's on that other gibson
forum know about this (you know the ones that brag
about owning one of these fakes)

There's plenty here who brag about that very same fact. Check out the 'Bounry' thread:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/oth...ry-chinese-counterfeits.html?highlight=bounry

....So will authorities be going after the customers on the shipping/buying lists(?)....

If they would, I bet there'd be WAY fewer guys so anxious to buy one in the future!:dude:

jonesy

GLOBAL WIRING GURU
Reaction score
Jack%20Black%20School%20of%20Rock%5B6%5D.jpg

Jack says, good job way to go! :thumb:

blues24

Reaction score
Ebay let these people get away with selling this shit....What I'm saying is,the seller just changes the wording in his description,and don't show the headstock.

I have seen this on Ebay several times...Ebay don't shut the auction down.

There is a guy that pops up selling lefty POS...He use the method I mention above,I emailed him to ask for more pics....And you know it,it was these fake POS with Gibby Logo. the guy name is CNDOMAN on Flea Bay.

I reported this guy to Ebay,even forward the pics he sent to me...They did nothing.:mad2:

Hyper

Reaction score
Ebay let these people get away with selling this shit....What I'm saying is,the seller just changes the wording in his description,and don't show the headstock.

There is a guy that pops up selling lefty POS...He use the method I mention above,I emailed him to ask for more pics....And you know it,it was these fake POS with Gibby Logo. the guy name is CNDOMAN on Flea Bay.

I reported this guy to Ebay,even forward the pics he sent to me...They did nothing.:mad2:

It would be nice if they could but do you know how many auctions are going on at Ebay at any one time? They list millions of things in hundreds of categories. If they were to dedicate the resources to make sure that every item posted was not counterfeit, the price of listing an item would be astronomical. That would be a huge cost that I'm sure that they would pass along to the public. In any case, it's nice to see that Payless got nailed!

jomo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I hope that the Feds follow up with everyone who purchased a guitar from them and pay them a little house call. Oh joy, those on here who bought these guitars, please do share with us what happens. :thumb:

jonesy

GLOBAL WIRING GURU
Reaction score

I agree, Ebay does not seem to care to much about these listings, I always email Gibson customer service direct with the ebay item # and the listing will usually be ended in a matter of hours. :D

jomo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just read the link. This quote tells me that we did make a difference.

"Each day, emails pour into Gibson’s Customer Service team, full of tips and complaints about counterfeiters. To cite one such example, a man recently wrote in to alert us to an illegal site."

As far as egay goes, don't even get me started. They are all about the money they make. If you're up against someone that spends more money with them, they are going to side with the Villan. Ask me how I know. :shock:

Jessenoah

Reaction score
Im sure there is going to be some big black guy named bubba who is gonna love hanging out with her!

wait, that doesent have quite the same meaning since she is a woman

lolololol

Latest Threads