Pay It Forward Again

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
BUMP! Didja hear that, @DarrellV ?:)

Still available:

-audio interface
-Alnico V Humbucker set (My opinion, a copy of the Seymour Duncan 59 set)
-gold 3x3 tuners

speakeasy

Reaction score
**Claimed**
Have a set of Chibson tuners I've been trying to sell locally and on TGP for 10-15 shipped without luck. I'm now at the point where I might just toss them. They work fine, but I have to fight my hoarding tendencies. One button is missing the end screw.

Anyone want them? Shipping shouldn't be more than $5-6

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
**Claimed**
Have a set of Chibson tuners I've been trying to sell locally and on TGP for 10-15 shipped without luck. I'm now at the point where I might just toss them. They work fine, but I have to fight my hoarding tendencies. One button is missing the end screw.

Anyone want them? Shipping shouldn't be more than $5-6
PM sent on the screw loose Chibson tuners..
What a great story! I hope they work out well for you, Spidey. They look like Grovers!

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Still available are the covered humbucker set from a Yamaha Revstar and a 3x3 set of tuners from a Gretch.

Get in there and claim these! The humbuckers would be a sweet improvement for a cheaper guitar. If you like the sound of the SD '59, I think you'll really like these pups. Perfect for Rock and Roll!

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
What a great thread.
Indeed... Fantastic idea.

PIF threads usually die out when the thread gets flooded with newbies, or when stuff starts showing up on the classifieds or Ebay/Reverb... maybe not by the original recipient but by the person they sold to, not realizing that it was originally a gift.
It sucks and kills the spirit of the thread when you have to start making rules about participation in the community, particularly when there are some really good people who simply don't post a lot.

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Indeed... Fantastic idea.

PIF threads usually die out when the thread gets flooded with newbies, or when stuff starts showing up on the classifieds or Ebay/Reverb... maybe not by the original recipient but by the person they sold to, not realizing that it was originally a gift.
It sucks and kills the spirit of the thread when you have to start making rules about participation in the community, particularly when there are some really good people who simply don't post a lot.
So far, so good. In fact, it seems some of this excellent free stuff is lingering.

I myself have scored wonderfully in this thread, so I think I should take myself out, unless items are personally offered to me. However, I am over the moon with how my Revstar sounds with the 498/490 set from @caltx01 , as installed by the magnificent Freddy G.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
So far, so good. In fact, it seems some of this excellent free stuff is lingering.

I myself have scored wonderfully in this thread, so I think I should take myself out, unless items are personally offered to me. However, I am over the moon with how my Revstar sounds with the 498/490 set from @caltx01 , as installed by the magnificent Freddy G.
No need to take yourself out... You certainly aren't taking advantage of it, and have offered up some very nice items yourself!

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
No need to take yourself out... You certainly aren't taking advantage of it, and have offered up some very nice items yourself!
Thanks, brother! I thought I'd post a pic of the pups, which ARE special as they have the mojo from the previous owner.
IMG_0557.jpg

Check out that patina on the bridge 'bucker!

Seriously, this mass produced guitar done got some magic in it now.

Last edited: