Pay It Forward Again

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I do not know tubes and their cross usage, but the 12DW7 seems to be a lower power preamp tube used in Ampegs. I had a '70s V4.

Suppose I should look that up.
I looked up the 12DW7. The only reference I could find was for a 7247 replacement. It's an Ampeg oddball.

Found a couple of notes stating:
A 12DW7 is 1/2 12AX7 and 1/2 12AU7. It works when you need half or a 12AX7 and half of a 12AU7.

One store was offering to buy a NOS for $6, selling them for $30.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
Alright, this is what I've dug up so far, a couple project guitars I'm never going to finish.

Washburn 7 string

It needs a nut and some tuners, and I'm pretty sure I have a bridge and a tailpiece around here if some one needs one to go with it. It has a Dimarzio John Petrucci pickup (not wired up) in it, and I have another Dimazrio pickup for the neck, but it's drilled out to be direct mounted so it won't work with pickup rings. Since it's a guitar, it would be nice to have some money to cover shipping, if that's ok to ask for.

And an LTD F-50

This one's a guitar I bought because it's cool looking and never got around to putting decent pickups in. What I'd really like to do, is if one of y'all know a kid that's wanting to learn to play guitar but can't afford one, I can throw some pickups in it and get it all wired up and it's theirs. Or if you just want it because it's a bitchin' looking guitar, that's cool too.

They've both been sitting in the back of my closet for ages, and I'd rather they go to someone who will actually fix them up and play them like they deserve.

Roxy13

Reaction score
PMed ya, @BornToLooze because I know just such a person, who is out of work and wants a guitar really badly. I told her I have some extra parts and pickups here if they are needed and that I would do any work on an inexpensive guitar to get it playing well. If either one is still available, she will be very surprised when I tell her I have one for her!

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
PMed ya, @BornToLooze because I know just such a person, who is out of work and wants a guitar really badly. I told her I have some extra parts and pickups here if they are needed and that I would do any work on an inexpensive guitar to get it playing well. If either one is still available, she will be very surprised when I tell her I have one for her!
Those pups I sent you will make that LTD a RAWK machine!

Roxy13

Reaction score
Those pups I sent you will make that LTD a RAWK machine!
Exactly! I took those pickups from you with this person in mind but we still haven't come up with a guitar yet. So far every time I find a good candidate for her it either sells before I contact the seller or it's so far away that I would spend a fortune in gas with my old truck to go get it. I don't want to spend $80 in gas to buy a $10 guitar :rofl:

Roxy13

Reaction score
Thanks so much you guys! Between NGG and BornToLooze, I got someone a guitar who really wants one but it isn't in a position to buy one right now. MLP members are the best!

Roxy13

Reaction score
Roxy's gonna soup that baby up.....sweet gift!
Fret level probably
New switch and jack if needed
Your pickups
New bridge
Anything else it needs

Now I need to go see if my little practice amp that has been sitting in a closet for over 10 years is still working for her.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I have 3 chrome Gibson pickup covers in 49.2mm. One is brand new and the other 2 were in a guitar but never used, and all somehow have teeny tiny scratches. I swear they did that just because I looked at them. They were on Burstbucker 1, 2 and 3 pickups and I needed gold so all I did was change the covers. Two have wax in them. if you need them quickly you may have to clean them. If they are still here in a few days I can probably get it done. Right now though I'm in the middle of a refret and tomorrow the guitar from this thread is supposed to be here and then I'll be busy with that. Then the newly refretted guitar is getting it's new pickups and harness. I can get 'em to the PO though, just possibly with some wax in them :)