"Paulette" for sale in Germany

integra evan

Reaction score
Found this posted this morning: '59 LP Standard "Paulette" in Germany:

Refinished, but looks nice.

Thundermtn

Reaction score
The fretboard, no cavity pics, the refinish, the mismatched tuners, back of the neck looks like the neck was never used or it was re-profiled, but the board specifically and inlays do not look like the 50's LP's I've held. The thickness looks off and there's not even a hint of a hump and the pics are careful to not show those area's/aspects.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Overall look is great.
I love that kind of top.

I wouldn't know about the refin quality or details form those pics,
nor would I qualify to authenticate or estimate...
It just looks good!

:)

Edit: Reading @Thundermtn comments I can see the areas that are problematic.

Last edited:

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Non-original pup rings. I hate to ask, but what's a set of originals go for?

RufusTelestrat

Reaction score
So it was husked out, refined re fret re bound repaired and rebranded. I re-ject the idea of it being 190k. Les provenance than the Mona Lisa in "The Freshman"

RAG7890

Reaction score
Non-original pup rings. I hate to ask, but what's a set of originals go for?
I recall a few years ago that a Set would cost USD6,000 but who knows now.

Eric would have a way better idea than I would.

I suppose it really depends on the restoration project & the depth of one's wallet, especially if it meant returning a Burst to original, that could be sold for way more than the cost of the project.

@eric ernest

:cheers2:

Last edited:

Barnaby

Reaction score
Anyone else think this might be a re-neck as well as the obviously altered fretboard? Something about the grain at the headstock transition. I suspect a bunch of other stuff has been done too, but can only really speculate.

It's a beautiful guitar and I'd be thrilled to have made it, but wonder what sort of buyer it will find with its apparent issues. I hope that the seller and eventual buyer manage to make a deal that works for them both.

Thundermtn

Reaction score
Maybe so, I was thinking the board on this one is thicker looking than it should be, but from the pics it's hard to tell. I played a re-necked '60 in '17. I think it was asking $80 or $90K.

Barnaby

Reaction score
Sweet Spot Guitars is well known for being way too overpriced.
I did have a look at some other things on their website and think "really?" However, if they can find customers at those prices, then good for them!

RAG7890

Reaction score
.................every time they sell a Guitar at a high price................it hits the sweet spot.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

On a serious note Barn...............stay inside. Tokyo was a little late to the Party & might just pay for that.

Hope you're well mate.

Cheers, Rudi

Barnaby

Reaction score
.................every time they sell a Guitar at a high price................it hits the sweet spot.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

On a serious note Barn...............stay inside. Tokyo was a little late to the Party & might just pay for that.

Hope you're well mate.

Cheers, Rudi
Cheers, mate. All safe where I am. I've barricaded myself in with a mountain of food, an ocean of alcohol and a harem of nubile Japanese girls.

To be fair, that was my plan for April before the virus anyway.

Latest Threads