Paul Reed Smith PRSMT 15

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Hi, everybody!

recently got this in a trade… Traded an old 120 want 5150 thinking I was scaling back on size and volume. Well… I scaled back on size, at least.

Paul Reed Smith MT 15 amplifier up for grabs. Mark Tremonti signature model with clean and dirty channel, foot switchable, half power switch, effects loop and external bias points.
Uses six 12AX7 tubes in the preamp section and two full blown 6L6 tubes in the power section… I’m fairly convinced that if you changed the transformers in this amplifier it would be a 50 W head.
This thing is VERY LOUD Even at half power and powers a 4 x 12 cabinet with no issues whatsoever.
Separate EQ for each channel with pull boost on the clean channel.
Global presence control and channels are switchable by a mini toggle switch on the front panel or 8 foot switch. I did not receive the foot switch with this amplifier… Thanks, guitar center… But PRS told me where to get the same one they use. It’s $11 If you want one but I never felt the need as I’m pretty much a one channel player.
Heaps and heaps of gain and really nice cleans… Much more versatile than most of these lunchbox type amplifiers. You can see tons of videos on YouTube to help you get an idea of what it sounds like.

Will include the amplifier itself, the power cable, the paperwork I received with it and the carrying case. I pack well and ship fully insured… Lots of transactions on here and other places and haven’t had any complaints yet.
Looking to get $550 shipped and PayPal.

thanks for looking!

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Hello, Dave!

killer little amplifier… Even if you don’t buy mine I recommend giving One a shot. I’m having a real problem finding something that is suitable for me at the moment. I want all the tone of a tube Head and a 4 x 12 cabinet but I don’t need the power and volume like I did when I was younger. I’ve been thinking about the helix But With my vision loss I am absolutely unable to read the display on the unit and I don’t know if the screen reader on my computer will read me the information. Plus, there’s the money side of things… That’s going to mount of money that I don’t have to drop on a piece of gear that I don’t know if I can use or not.
If you want to give it a try, let me know. Maybe I could talk my wife into us meeting somewhere and you can play with it for a while. Thanks for looking and all the best to you and yours, my friend!