Paul Kossoff's Burst Information - Must Read for Fans!

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
Kossoff's tone is very easy to get. It's just a Les Paul into a loud vintage voiced Marshall. Set your amp so it's breaking and you have a good crunch. Then back off your guitar's volume and pick lightly. He had a very soft touch. His sound was prodimantly clean, but the way he would set it up means he could pick harder and get considerably more gain just by the way he picked. Then if you want more gain, you roll your guitar's volume up. The mistake people make is using far too much gain. He had a very clean sound usually. Just really freaking loud.

Getting that vibrato down however, that's not so easy.

charveldan

Banned
Reaction score
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=htuxb-m4-ng[/ame]

Never said Free wasn't Awesome [they were], never said Kossoff wasn't a great player [he was].

Still love them, always have.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want Pauls tone its pretty simple really, a Les Paul into a 70's Super Lead in some Greenbacks and crank it, there ya go.

How silly of me not to have figure this out, after all its very simple
All these years of practice and believing tone comes from the `fingers`
All I had to do was turn up my amp!!

:applause::applause::applause:

That's exactly what I had then, but it didn't help me! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Metal Guru

Reaction score
I was in HS in the early 70's. Everyone (including myself) knew who Free was (All Right Now received lots of airplay) although Kossoff was not a household name at the time. Not many HS kids (myself included) really understood the roots of the music they loved. Armed with that knowledge, I think things would have been different for musicians like Green and Kossoff and also for all us who love the music.
Certainly, within the business itself, those guys were considered stars. I think that the Information Age has really built their legend with the public.

Latest Threads