Paul Kossoff

hotrat

Reaction score
Well that was a walk down memory lane.

I love Free, they remain one of my favourite bands of all time, I did have the pleasure in seeing them perform live on two separate occasions at our local Jazz Club in the early 70's,which I am sorry to say no longer exists.

If my memory serves me well, I'm pretty certain that Paul was playing an old looking gold top at both gigs.

And singer Paul hails from my home town, great eh.

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score

I love Free, they remain one of my favourite bands of all time, I did have the pleasure in seeing them perform live on two separate occasions at our local Jazz Club in the early 70's,which I am sorry to say no longer exists.

If my memory serves me well, I'm pretty certain that Paul was playing an old looking gold top at both gigs.

And singer Paul hails from my home town, great eh.

Awesome! Are you sure it wasn't that stripped LP on page 1? It can look deceptively like gold in certain lights.

Angus

Reaction score
You get no argument from me on that. I would like to add, if I was going to use one word to describe Paul Kossoffs playing it would be. "Sublime".
I think you have it surrounded, sir. :)

Angus

Reaction score

I think that would be a scrubbed down sunburst that looks very much like a goldtop as used at the Isle of Wight 1970 and on the Fire and Water video - it has a big dink on it just up from the bridge.

I envy you seeing the band, any further details you remember? :)

hotrat

Reaction score
Awesome! Are you sure it wasn't that stripped LP on page 1? It can look deceptively like gold in certain lights.
Looking at the photos again, it may well have been that very same guitar.

hotrat

Reaction score
I think that would be a scrubbed down sunburst that looks very much like a goldtop as used at the Isle of Wight 1970 and on the Fire and Water video - it has a big dink on it just up from the bridge.

I envy you seeing the band, any further details you remember? :)
Sorry Angus I missed your post there, no nothing of major importance, other than they were amazing on both occasions, and did 3 or 4 encores each time.

But if your interested, the support band at the first gig was Skid Row, the Irish three piece with Garry Moore on guitar, they too were amazing and later came back topping the bill, incidentally my best friends sister copped off with Gary that night, lucky sod, she was quite fit.

The support band the second time was Trapeze, a fairly unknown band but very powerful.

They too later came back to top the bill, the singer and bass player was a guy called Glen Hughes, who later went on to join Deep Purple and marry actress Linda Blair of The Exorcist fame.

He is also a good friend of Toni Iomi, need I say more.

honeyburst

Reaction score
After reading a recent thread about Kossoff, i was interested in seeing if anyone has any good pic's of his darkburst or any of his bursts..... if so please could you post them.:thumb:
Go to Les Paul Forum then go to Vintage section and then scroll to Kossoff Burst Page 2 I think two colour pics of Koss's LP
cheers
honeyburst:applause:

tonebone

Reaction score
He's a pathetic troll with no life who goes around multiple Les Paul forums asking "who's Kossoff?"
I know, I saw the posts and responses on LPF.

I somehow get the visual, "heh, heh, heheheh, armpit farts!"

I take issue with the avatar and the little obnoxious gif even more.

Given them too much attention already. Ahm outa here.

Daintree

Reaction score
This is a great interview with the all the guys in the band in 1970...
Something Koss says regarding the music, the business, and how Free went about things..."and that way, you play to the people...you develop musically, on stage...and you build a good strong honest following, rather than hype...."
Definitely worth a watch if you've never seen this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILnvHhJkPDY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILnvHhJkPDY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
This is a great interview with the all the guys in the band in 1970...
Something Koss says regarding the music, the business, and how Free went about things..."and that way, you play to the people...you develop musically, on stage...and you build a good strong honest following, rather than hype...."
Definitely worth a watch if you've never seen this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILnvHhJkPDY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILnvHhJkPDY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Is this what you were trying to post?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILnvHhJkPDY]YouTube - Interview in 1970 w/ the rock band FREE[/ame]

I love the part when she asks Paul Rodgers about the stage act. :laugh2: Poor Andy is trying to keep it going as best he can but Paul's making it really awkward.

Latest Threads